Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
In this role you will
- Apply your data science skills and expertise to build actionable insights that will inform asset management decisions.
- Bring a strong visual communication skill set to facilitate understanding of our asset performance and decision options in technical and non-technical audiences
- Work within the asset information management team and within a wider group of engineering and technical professionals focused on asset planning outcomes that delivery our corporate objectives.
- Be a part of planning the delivery of communication, surveillance, navigation and infrastructure assets that provide a safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible service to the aviation industry.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient in data analysis programming languages and software tools
- Have excellent communication including data visualisation skills
- Influence our data collection processes to deliver actionable information outcomes
- Have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven success in applying data mining process and developing machine learning algorithms to find patterns and build models, and using the results to solve complex business problems
- Ability to understand and frame complex business problems and devise suitable analytical approach and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills to enable a diverse audience to easily understand the methologies, models and results of complex analysis
Tertiary qualifications in data science, engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
Position Description - Asset Data Analyst.pdf
Should you require any further information please contact Alyssa Close on (07) 3860 8064 and [email protected]
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (EAST) Sunday 1 September 2019.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Canberra ACT Part-time The Organisation Airservices Australia is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. [...]
Victoria Permanent The Organisation Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each year w [...]
New South Wales Permanent At Airservices Australia (Airservices) we are reshaping our Air Traffic Management (ATM) senior leadership team as we prepare for the introduction of our new harmonized ATM [...]
Canberra ACT Permanent The Organisation Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry. Each ye [...]