Tournament Services Lead
External Job Ad
- Join a passionate team and become part of a fun and inclusive culture
- Flexible work practices, ensuring a positive work-life balance
- Great perks including event tickets, onsite car parking and gym!
At Tennis Australia (TA) we are experiencing a period of rapid growth that has seen us expand our operations nationally and on the world stage. To help us to continue to deliver on our ambitious plans, we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Tournament Services Lead on a 12-month basis!
Reporting into the Manager,
Tournament Operations you will be responsible for leading and delivering world class services and operations in key functional Australian Open (AO) tournament areas including; Field of Play, Court Services and Laundry Services.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and lead the Field of Play Project
- Be responsible for the project delivery and coordination of court set-up and bump-out for the AO and December Showdown; this includes documentation of the project plan which details timelines, responsibilities and readiness testing Coordinate the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of court equipment ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are involved in the process
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders to ensure collaboration and smooth running of all projects
- Coordinate the set-up and servicing of off-site practice venues
- Assist with the development and delivery of the Electronic Review Project for the AO
- Plan, coordinate and deliver AO Tournament Services such as Court Services, Laundry Services, Drink Runners and General Tournament Supplies
- Lead the recruitment process for Court Services and Laundry Services
- Oversee and support the contract and casual staff for the AO
What you will bring to the role:
- Excellent management and administrative skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate with people at all levels (including children)
- Experience in logistics management and inventory and storage
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of delivery
- Adaptability and resilience, with the ability to work to tight timeframes and remain calm under pressure
- Previous experience coordinating major events or an exposure to Tennis will be highly regarded
- Experience in risk management and OH&S; (preferred)
- Tertiary qualifications in event management / sport (desirable)
- Flexibility regarding working hours – with unrestricted availability during the tournament period (this may include weekends, public holidays and evenings)
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Tickets to the Australian Open
- Superbox tickets to concerts and events at Rod Laver & Melbourne Arenas
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Onsite gym & tennis facilities
- Flexible working practices
- Free car parking
- Salary packaging
- A range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
Applications Close Monday 26 August, 2019 at 11:00pm (AEST), however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role
Be responsible for leading and delivering world class services and operations in key functional Australian Open tournament areas!
Melbourne Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC
Full Time, Fixed Term
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Head of Professional Tennis Operations | Tennis Australia http://xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid;=25670&siteid;=5353&jobid;=3848020 Skip to the [...]
Partnerships Coordinator – ATP Cup | Tennis Australia http://xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid;=25670&siteid;=5353&jobid;=3853072 Skip to the fi [...]
The Adelaide International is set to see international level tennis return to Memorial Drive for the first time since 2008! The first event to be held following the Memorial Drive Centre Court redeve [...]
Join a passionate team and become part of a fun and inclusive culture Flexible work practices, ensuring a positive work-life balance Great perks including event tickets, onsite car parking and gym [...]