New South Wales Institute of Sport
New South Wales
New South Wales
$88,401 - $92,821 a year
The NSWIS Performance Advisor will form effective relationships to act as the Athlete Performance Advisor for the local NASS athletes, provide coaching leadership at the State level, maintain effective day-to-day coordination of the NASS program within the local NIN and deliver the local Pathway program.
The position will manage the NIN Athletics program, ensuring all local program and facility requirements are met. As appropriate, each State Athletics Performance Advisor will also lead a National Event Group, facilitating technical and performance leadership throughout the High-Performance program.
This is a full-time position, attracting a salary $88,401 – $92,821pa plus 9.5% superannuation.
The contract period for this role is up to 31 December 2020 in line with the Olympic cycle. An extension into the next cycle is possible should the role/funds still be available, and services be satisfactory.
For further information about the role and the key accountabilities please see the job description.
You will have:
- Several years of sport related experience at an international/national level and in high performance sport
- Devising and executing a long-term plan to guide the development of a high performance team
- Working within high performance environments, developing high potential performers into elite performers
- Leading a high-performance support team with accountability and visibility
- Problem solving – managing high performance issues and coming up with effective solutions
- Strategy formulation, design and execution
- Relevant tertiary qualification and or IAAF member association and accredited coach
- First Aid and Resuscitation certificate
- Level 1 Anti-Doping Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Current driver’s license
- Keep Australian Sport Honest Certificate
Applying for the role
To apply for this role please submit:
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the essential role requirements and focus capabilities outlined in the job description. (maximum 1 page)
- An up to date CV outlining experience, qualifications and achievements (please include at least three referees)
- A response to the targeted question below (maximum 1 page)
Targeted questions (Please limit your response to max one page)
You’ve been successful in being appointed as the NSWIS Athletics Performance Advisor. What key activities and deliverables would you pursue and prioritise during the first 6 months in the role? What possible constraints / barriers do you foresee that you will have to work through to ensure the newly created role is a success in New South Wales.
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Tom Patrick on [email protected]
Only those applications which address the selection criteria and focus capabilities will be considered by the Selection Panel.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hi all we are looking for 2 people to do massages but it would also help if you have some beautician or hairdressing experience as well . The main role will be massage with the option to help expand a [...]
Hi, This advertisement is genuine for the people interested in managing motel in northern Victoria (regional). If you have right education and experience, send reply email with CV and other complete [...]
The way a person maintains hygiene reflects hior her lifestyle. A clean and healthy environment is essential to create a positive impression in the minds of the other people. On the other hand, dirt a [...]
1800DRIVERS MC Local required for an early AM Shift. Starting Monday 19/08 Immediate start, experience with auto gearbox required. Must have good local knowledge and great previous MC Tautliner exp [...]