World Vision Australia
Why World Vision…
World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children.
Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children achieve good health, access education for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and are cared for, protected and participating. Together we share proven, world-class development methods to bring food, water, education and economic change.
Our organisational culture reflects a "Partnership" of World Vision offices in nearly 100 countries and almost 37,000 staff working towards one vision: Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness.
Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so. World Vision has profound global impact reaching one person every 10 secs with clean water, and every 60 secs a family gets access to tools and support they need to get out of poverty.
In Australia, World Vision is an iconic brand and market leader in a sector that is renewing itself for the 21st century. Brand metrics are improving, staff engagement growing, donor satisfaction and delight is improving, and public advocacy has been significant and powerful in bringing change. The organisation is also undergoing significant digital renewal exploring and drawing upon a range of digital tools to refresh donor direct experiences of the powerful transformation work of World Vision.
The Opportunity to be a Changemaker…
This Administration Manager role reports into WVA’s Chief of Private Funding and manages the administration function for this department.
In this role, you will provide high levels of executive administrative & operational support to the Chief and Private Funding department.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining the Chief’s calendar, monitoring emails and routing correspondence, and assisting in Chief’s stakeholder management
- Prepare high level administrative advice and support to the Chief and department
- Meeting preparation and support, particularly those chaired by the Chief (agendas, minutes, actions)
- Providing HR process support to managers
- Project manage department’s administrative projects
- Initiate, manage and process finance-related tasks in accordance with WVA standards
- Collaboration and communication with administrative cohort to ensure consistency of work, shared learning and knowledge, and to provide peer-to-peer support
- End-to-end travel management for the Chief
You will play an important part in project coordination and communication across multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
This position is a vital role to the wider department, bringing cohesion to organisation and department processes and providing high level administrative advice and support.
Who we are looking for…
To be successful in this role,
- You will require exceptional communication skills, demonstrating capability to work closely with senior managers and communicating clearly and appropriately with a variety of internal audiences.
- You have significant administrative experience supporting at the Executive or Board level within a medium to large organisation which has equipped you with the capacity to manage conflicting demands and deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and handle confidential/sensitive information with the upmost care.
- You have a service delivery mindset and a desire to collaborate with a broad team.
- You will require, also, strong planning and organisational skills, that will help you to lead administrative project work and respond flexibly with the team if priorities shift.
- You have experience working with Microsoft SharePoint and Office suite with advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms.
What you need to know
This role is a fixed term contract (from September 2019 to end of May 2020) operating in a full-time capacity and will be based at our head office in Burwood East, Victoria.
For your information, the role may be filled before the closing date.
Why you should apply…
A career with World Vision is an opportunity to join a sector-leading humanitarian aid organisation. We believe that every staff member has been brought to World Vision for God’s purposes. Whether working from home, in an office, or with children and community members, we celebrate and embrace each staff member’s diverse background and talents – knowing that together, we can make a difference.
Aside from the opportunity for broad and life-changing impact in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable, some of our other benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, e-learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that may accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already market leading organisation to achieve even greater impact
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and pace, and committed to serve beyond the call of duty.
- A culture that encourages truth telling with grace that confronts challenges and issues to clear teams for success in a timely fashion
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 10:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Western Australia Permanent Why World Vision… World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partne [...]
Canberra ACT Casual The Opportunity to Make A Difference: Be a change maker. At World Vision Australia you have a unique chance to use your talent & expertise in a role that makes a difference in t [...]
Canberra ACT Permanent Why World Vision? World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children and communities. As a global [...]
Victoria Permanent Why World Vision… World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and st [...]