Life Without Barriers
Job no: 492758
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a very rewarding opportunity for you to actively support aged clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of personal care, domestic assistance and social support. We currently have multiple part time positions available.
- Housekeeping duties such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan.
- Support clients in attending social activities and appointments.
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan.
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry and folding of clothes.
- Changing of linen as required.
- Administer basic first aid as required.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support in Home and Community Care, Aged Care or similar
- Food Handlers Certificate (or willingness to undertake)
- Experience in aged care desirable
- A current unrestricted drivers licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact [email protected]
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 25th of August 2019
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Aug 2019 00:00 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Townsville QLD Casual Job no: 492643 Employment type: Casual Location: Townsville & Northern QLD Categories: Administration/Customer Service About the Organisation Life Without Barriers i [...]
Hobart TAS Job no: 492656 Employment type: Full Time Location: Hobart Categories: Child, Youth & Family About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for pr [...]
Adelaide SA Temporary Job no: 492699 Employment type: Full Time Location: Adelaide Categories: Child, Youth & Family About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purp [...]
Melbourne VIC Job no: 492710 Employment type: Full Time Location: Melbourne Categories: Disability About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profi [...]