The Risk Maturity and Controls team, is a central team designed to help Bankwest continue to mature its risk culture and reduce its residual risk profile. This team leads Better Risk Outcomes Program (BROP) for Bankwest, which is the vehicle we are using to continue to evolve our risk culture and deliver better outcomes for our customers.
The Controls Assurance Analyst is primarily responsible for participation in specialist advice to Line 1 management (Business Assurance and control owners). Advice will include aspects of control design and testing to improve the design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
Day to day, you role will include:
- Participate in delivery of Bankwest’s Controls Assurance Program. This will include the actions to deliver the monthly plan, supporting stakeholder management and reporting;
- Contribute towards control design effectiveness reviews, including participation in workshops where required;
- Complete control operating effectiveness testing, supporting stakeholder management and reporting;
- Compliance with the operational and compliance risk management framework in the context of controls assurance and associated reporting processes;
- Participate in assurance activity covering thematic deep dives and BW control environment;
- Contribute to the creation of various operational risk reports and dashboards to leadership teams, risk committees and boards;
- Maintaining strong relationships with business, Line 1&2 Risk, Group Operational Risk and Audit partners.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Financial services experience including front line branches and middle office functions;
- The ability to understand Risk Management principles across all risk classes;
- Strong relationship skills, including the ability to engage business partners and gain their acceptance as a trusted advisor on operational risk matters;
- Sound communication, to share facts and inform key stakeholders to facilitate buy in and engagement.
You can be you
At Bankwest, we attribute our ongoing success to our customer-focused people and vibrant culture. We promote flexibility to balance your work and home life and ensure you achieve your career goals and personal needs. Bankwest is adopting new ways of working and embracing new technologies to meet rapidly changing customer needs in today’s digital economy.
If you'd like further information or need assistance please contact us on 1800 989 696.
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019
Applications close: 30 Aug 2019
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Western Australia Permanent We're a passionate organisation driven to make a difference. A place where you can achieve your personal best and be part of our high performing, values-driven and inclus [...]
Perth WA Contract We currently have an opportunity to join Bankwest as a Analytics manager. Sitting in the Decision Support team, the role of the Analytics Manager is to provide detailed analysis an [...]
We are currently looking for a Graduate Credit Analyst within our Property finance team.This is an entry level role, looking for candidate who have 1 -2 years work experience. The Credit Analyst rol [...]
The Bankwest finance Management Information System (MIS) team support the Bankwest Finance team, and the Bankwest business through developing and maintaining reporting, analytical datasets, and busine [...]