TAFE - North Coast Institute
Hunter Valley NSW
Education Support Officer - Auto Mechanics (Heavy or Light)
BE BOLD. BE AMBITIOUS.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the TAFE NSW Automotive Mechanics team.
The Education Support Officer – Automotive Mechanics is responsible for a range of activities, which directly and indirectly support learning and enhance the educative process.
You will love this role if you:
- Enjoy being part of a dynamic team that supports students to have a meaningful learning experience
- Are passionate about assisting students and staff and enjoy being part of an innovative and exciting educational environment
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
Reporting to the Head Teacher – Automotive Mechanics (Heavy or Light) this position:
- Provides support to students to carry out tasks and understand their learning materials and concepts
- Works in conjunction with Teachers and other roles as part of a delivery team
- Supplements the teaching activities by providing follow-up instruction as provided by the teacher and opportunities to practice skills
- Provides support and feedback by face-to-face contact, email, online or by other mode using a range of media options
- Carries out workshop duties such as maintenance and development of practical teaching aids
If you have…
- Appropriate subject knowledge, skills and vocational qualifications in Automotive Mechanics (Heavy or Light) and a commitment to maintain technical currency
- At least 3 years of post-qualification experience in Automotive Mechanics (Heavy or Light) and demonstrated relevant currency
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be proactive and show initiative and ability to explain ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and to provide quality customer service as part of a broader team.
- Commitment and ability to support learning in an adult environment and a demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage students.
- Ability to understand the content of the learning materials and the processes used in the discipline.
…We would love to hear from you!
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
Job Grade/Classification: Education Support Officer
Location: Coffs Harbour Education Campus
Recruitment Reference: 000078XI
Closing date: Sunday 1 September 2019, 11:59pm
To learn more about this position please review the Position Description and Information Package.
Job Specific Enquiries: Please contact Sally Kingston-Rose, Recruitment Officer on 02 6674 7365
Please note: Applications are sought from suitably qualified and experienced people who wish to be considered for placement on a suitability list for casual vacancies. Employment will be on an as needs basis only.
Essential Requirements form a specific part of the selection process. Candidates for this role are required to address each of these items specifically in their application.
If you experience difficulties whilst submitting your application online at iworkfornsw.nsw.gov.au please contact the support team on 1800 562 679.
NOTE: This is a child-related position. A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information can be found at Working With Children Check.
Location Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley-Port Macquarie & Mid-North Coast
Work Type Casual
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Hourly rate $39.85.
Contact Recruitment Team - 1800 008 233
Closing Date 01-Sep-2019
Job Category Vocational education and training/TAFE
Organisation TAFE - North Coast Institute
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hunter Valley NSW Teacher of Business Administration - 000078HU TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with current industry experience and knowledge in Business Administration to join our team of Te [...]
Hunter Valley NSW Teacher of Networking - 000078HN TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with industry experience and knowledge in Computer Networking to join our team of teachers at Ourimbah. You [...]
Hunter Valley NSW Casual Library Technician - 000077PV This is an exciting opportunity to be part of TAFE NSW Student Services team. TAFE NSW is seeking an experienced Library Technicians to joi [...]
Hunter Valley NSW Part-time Assessor of Language, Literacy and Numeracy - 000077VZ Be Ambitious… This is an exciting opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to involve themselves i [...]