Department of Premier and Cabinet
Principal Legal Officer (Multiple Roles Available)
- Are you a highly skilled and experienced legal practitioner?
- Can you provide advice on complex issues facing the NSW Government?
We are currently inviting applications to join our recruitment pool to fill future ongoing and temporary Principal Legal Officer roles within the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet and its cluster agencies.
Working with us
The NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead central agency in the NSW Government. Our mission is to enhance the lives of the people of NSW by driving priorities, brokering outcomes and delivering programs and services.
We support the Premier and Special Minister of State,
Minister for the Public Service and Employee Relations, Aboriginal Affairs, and the Arts, the Cabinet, Ministers and agencies by coordinating policies and services across government. We lead policy development, provide innovative ideas and support Government plans and projects.
The Legal Branch is responsible for providing legal, policy and governance advice. It supports the Premier, Special Minister of State and DPC and manages the government’s legislative agenda. The branch also develops and implements policy and legislative reforms within the Premier and Special Minister of State’s portfolios, assists with whole-of-government priority reforms, manages DPC’s litigation and manages the provision of external legal services.
For more information go to http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/about/about_the_department.
About the Role
The Principal Legal Officer provides timely and expert advice and other support to senior officers, the Premier and the Special Minister of State on a broad range of legal issues. The Principal Legal Officer also undertakes diverse, complex legal and policy analysis, including the formulation and evaluation of legislative proposals.
A bit about you
- You are a qualified legal practitioner who thrives on working on a diverse range of matters.
- You have experience in commercial law, competition law, environmental and planning law, litigation or public law.
- You have strong analytic ability and conceptual and problem solving skills, including an ability to respond creatively.
- You have the ability to apply legal principles in a practical way.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to provide accurate, clear and comprehensive advice in short time frames.
- You have high level organisational skills, including the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
How to Apply: Your application should include:
- A cover letter [maximum two pages] addressing the two targeted questions below.
- An up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience.
- Give an example where you have had to reach a negotiated solution to deliver a legislative reform or legal project explaining what you did to deliver the result?
- Provide an example of a matter where you have had to solve a complex legal problem in a tight timeframe.
Learn more: Please review the Role Description. For enquiries regarding this role, please contact Mark Hare, A/Executive Director, Legal Branch on (02) 9228 4471, or email [email protected]
Closing date: Sunday, 8 September 2019 [11:59 PM]
Salary: Legal Officer Grade VI. Package includes base salary ($141,882 - $ 144,871) plus superannuation and leave loading.
Help: Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact the I work for NSW helpdesk on 1800 562 679
Our Commitment to Flexibility: At DPC we endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time or job share basis.
Our Commitment to Diversity: DPC is a White Ribbon accredited organisation and is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. Diverse workforces are more innovative, productive and increase the delivery of high-quality services. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, other diversity groups, and women.
Location Sydney Region-Sydney City
Work Type Full-time
Total Remuneration Package: Legal Officer Grade VI. Package includes base salary ($141,882 - $ 144,871) plus superannuation and leave loading.
Contact Mark Hare - 02 9228 4471
Closing Date 08-Sep-2019
Job Category Legal and Justice
Organisation Department of Premier and Cabinet
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hi all we are looking for 2 people to do massages but it would also help if you have some beautician or hairdressing experience as well . The main role will be massage with the option to help expand a [...]
Hi, This advertisement is genuine for the people interested in managing motel in northern Victoria (regional). If you have right education and experience, send reply email with CV and other complete [...]
The way a person maintains hygiene reflects hior her lifestyle. A clean and healthy environment is essential to create a positive impression in the minds of the other people. On the other hand, dirt a [...]
1800DRIVERS MC Local required for an early AM Shift. Starting Monday 19/08 Immediate start, experience with auto gearbox required. Must have good local knowledge and great previous MC Tautliner exp [...]