University of New South Wales
$87,000 - $92,000 a year
Job no: 497702
Work type: Continuing / Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Student Services
Academic Language & Learning Facilitator
PVC (Education) Portfolio
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the DVC (Academic) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience, the needs of academic staff and international operations.
Within the DVC(A) Division, the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education) Portfolio provides leadership in the development and implementation of UNSW Sydney’s strategic initiatives in learning and teaching. The initiatives focus on educational design, development, delivery and evaluation, integrating technology and expanding the University’s online learning offerings, providing academic development support and services, and promoting teaching excellence through the UNSW Scientia Education Academy and the Education Focussed Academics. The Portfolio works collaboratively with the faculties, schools and divisions to implement the 2025 Strategic Plan and drive enhancements to the student experience and success. It is involved in the design of effective learning environments, promotes Work Integrated Learning (WIL) initiatives, provides academic language, learning and career support to students, and strengthens their employability prospects through a range of programs and services.
About the role
- $87K – $92K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Continuing roles
- Multiple roles available
- Full-time (35 hour a week)
About the role
This is an opportunity to join a new and growing Student Academic and Career Success (SACS) team. As the Academic Language and Learning Facilitator you will be responsible for the provision of academic language and learning support, provided centrally (SACS) and across disciplines to assigned faculty. This role will be required to collaborate with academic and professional staff at all levels of the university working across disciplines to support Faculties and Schools to maximise Academic Language and Learning opportunities for students at UNSW.
About the successful applicant
You will be a self-motivated, dynamic and innovative team player who thrives in an agile growing environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, and subsequent experience in academic language and learning support and/or knowledge of the Universal Design for Learning and its application to course and resource design and development or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and experience in a discipline with a strong relevance to academic language and learning
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian higher education sector and issues which affect academic language and learning development and student development and/or student success in higher education
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, course design, formative and summative assessment and learning and teaching approaches that promote student learning and development Demonstrated ability working in an online learning and teaching environment
- Proven ability in promoting and teaching others to develop the strategies needed to engage effectively in academic language and learning using various media
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on academic language and learning strategies/initiatives with a range of people at different levels within a higher education context
PD - ALL Facilitator - SACS - PVCE - L7 - 00075965 (2).pdf
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
P: 9385 0670
E: [email protected]
Applications close: Sunday 15th September before 11pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://pvce.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 15 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sydney NSW Contract $94,418 a year Job no: 497502 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Finance - One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universi [...]
Sydney NSW Contract $95,462 - $103,318 a year Job no: 497336 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Administration At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a work [...]
Key Selection CriteriaA relevant degree with experience in research and research administration or similar role or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training and e [...]
Send Save You need to sign in or create an account to save Apply One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities Strong regional and global engagement Located at Kensington S [...]