Business Need / Purpose of Role
To provide leadership in the area of process engineering with specific reference to separation and dewatering involving both Consultancy and Research and Development.
Objectives and Measurements
- To provide process engineering support within Weir Minerals.
- To develop the necessary process engineering equipment to meet Weir Minerals requirements in the areas of separation, dewatering and product preparation.
- To conduct research and development, and industrial test work as described in the above areas.
- Assisting with the design of practice and processes associated with systems at the WTC.
- Involvement in the development of JSEA’s associated with operations carried out at the WTC in accordance with Weir Minerals HSE&Q; protocols.
- Preparation of factual reports based on test data generated at the Weir Technical Centre.
- Assisting with the design of plant and equipment in separation and dewatering systems.
- Modelling of various aspects of separation and dewatering systems operation.
- Assisting with management of projects including scheduling of tests, reporting of results and preparation of invoices.
- The delivery of reports, documents and proposals.
- Internal review of factual documents.
- Client interface and relationship management.
- Other related duties as required, and documented, from time to time.
- Oversees all aspects of the project (proposal, contract, scope of work, technical quality and senior review), often projects of significant technical complexity.
- Implements new technical service offerings, develops multi-disciplinary solutions for large and complex projects.
- Mentors and coaches junior to senior staff in relation to all elements of their development.
Job knowledge / Other requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 20 years experiance or technical equivalent in a process and mechanical engineering environment. A tertiary qualification is an advantage.
- Is regarded as an expert in a technical discipline area (specialist or generalist
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering tenders, scope of works, technical specifications, equipment manuals. Ability to write technical reports, papers and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to clients both internally in Weir personnel within the WTC.
- Ability to work with complex mathematical concepts.
- Be adept with Excel
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Standing and walking within an office environment as required.
- Repetitive upper and lower limb use in an office environment as required.
- Wearing PPE as required.
- Loud, outdoor work and exposure to mechanical moving parts. (Appropriate PPE to be worn at all times).
- Office work associated with sitting for up to 8 hours a day at a computer.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Kalgoorlie WA Business Need / Purpose of Role Site and workshop based fitting duties to assist our clients with critical equipment such as all forms of rotating equipment, Valve repair, shutdown wo [...]
Clayton VIC Business Need / Purpose of Role The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of marketing initiatives, collateral and com [...]
Sydney NSW Business Need / Purpose of Role Working in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Supply Chain, this role will be responsible for analyzing data and producing valuable busine [...]
Artarmon NSW Business Need / Purpose of Role To provide technical support to operations, sales and customer support teams to ensure maximum productivity for customer operations at the lowest operat [...]