Important company of the sector
Manager Information Systems - Clerk Grade 11/12 - 194411
Full-time ongoing appointment
CESE is Australia’s first dedicated hub of education data and evaluation. We work across early childhood, schooling, training and higher education. Our core responsibilities are to:
- provide data analysis, information and evaluation that improve effectiveness, efficiency and accountability
- collect essential education data and provide a one-stop shop for information needs
- build capacity across the whole education sector so that everyone can make better use of data and evidence.
About the role
Provide leadership and direction in the maintenance and support of the Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation’s information systems. These systems capture data from students, schools and other systems and provide information to employees across CESE, corporate and schools.
About the Department of Education
We ensure young children get the best start in life by supporting and regulating the early childhood education and care sector. We are the largest provider of public education in Australia with responsibility for delivering high-quality public education to two-thirds of the NSW student population.
For more information about the Department of Education, please visit NSW Department of Education
How to apply
The NSW Department of Education is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We encourage diverse applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for roles in the department.
To apply for this role, please submit an application by clicking “Apply Online” below. To apply, you will need to attach a cover letter (max. 2 pages) and your resume (max. 5 pages) in either Word or PDF format. Please address any pre-screening questions and any essential requirements. We are looking for you to demonstrate your competence in the focus capabilities as outlined in the role description in your answer, so please develop your response with this in mind.
Note: the selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
This is a child-related role. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check.
In addition, your employment may be subject to the Department’s Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check to determine your suitability for employment.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following:
Proof of Identity information
Informed Consent Form
Declaration for child-related work
- Describe your experience leading a technical team of 4 or more for greater than 4 year5s (within the last 5 years). (300 words maximum).
- describe your experience in being responsible for the maintenance of large, complex data systems in cloud environments for 1 or more years (within the last 3 years) (300 words maximum).
- Experience leading a technical team of 4 or more for greater than 4 years (within the last 5 years)
- Experience in being responsible for the maintenance of large, complex data systems in cloud environments for 1 or more years (within the last 3 years)
- Expert knowledge in managing and performance tuning very large databases
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies (Please find Aboriginal Education Review – Information) -
Closing date: 31 August 2019
Note: A recruitment pool may be created through this recruitment process. A recruitment pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 12 months.
Location Sydney Region-Sydney - Greater West
Work Type Full-time
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: $160,202. Package includes salary ($124,965 - $144,521), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Contact Rob Johnston - 7814 1424
Closing Date 30-Aug-2019
Job Category Education and/or training
Organisation Department of Education
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Ultimate Travel is an international Gap Year and Adventure brand within the youth travel industry. Our tours are designed for 18-35’s who want the Ultimate Travel Adventure. Our Australian operation [...]
Contract Administrator position available for a fit-out company based in the Parramatta region Your new company This commercial construction company work across the new build and fit out markets an [...]
Melbourne VIC Are you a Community Services professional looking for a role where you can make a real difference in the lives of the next generation of learners? Are you a skilled facilitator with exp [...]
About the Position A little about us Bras N Things is Australia's leading lingerie retailer, with more than 180 stores across Australia, New Zealand and South Africa and still growing within existin [...]