As a Casual Teacher, you will provide expertise in specialist literacy and numeracy teaching to students enrolled in vocational training across 4 sites in the South East of Melbourne.
In this role, you will work in a co-delivery model with the vocational or industry facilitator and develop individual learning plans to meet the needs and goals of a diverse range of learners.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners as required
- Implement the Institute’s Educational Excellence Framework across all teaching and learning practice
- Maintain professional development by ensuring educational currency and excellence and actively participating in the development of own annual professional development plan in line with Institute practices and policies
You will have the following relevant tertiary qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet the minimum 2015 RTO Standards
- Vocational qualifications at AQF level 5
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- A record of Vocational Competency, mapped to Units of Competency engaged to deliver
- A record of Professional Currency, demonstrating current industry and teaching knowledge
Crucial to your success will be your up to-date and engaging programs, learning materials and teaching delivery plans in a learning environment, that motivates and guides students to optimise their learning outcomes.
You are highly motivated, with exceptional communication skills, your personal style is flexible and collaborative with the ability to contribute to team capability and operate as part of a high performing team.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Friday 30 August 2019.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Kristy Shottle, Recruitment & Engagement Coordinator on +613 9212 5064.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Part-time The Administrative Officer is accountable for providing administrative and operational support to the Business & Information Technology Business Area. This role will focus on p [...]
Frankston VIC The Reporting Officer is accountable for providing operational support to educational business areas in the production of data and reports to meet contractual and legislative requiremen [...]
Frankston VIC Casual You will be accountable for the initial qualification of all enquiries with Chisholm, providing face to face concierge support at our customer service counters and providing adm [...]
Victoria Casual As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabi [...]