City of Parramatta
$110,315 a year
- Temporary Full Time Opportunity - 12 Months
About the role
This position is responsible as a Coordinator for the Library Operations and Outreach Services including Multicultural, Children's and Youth, Home Library Service and Admin Support.
On a daily basis you will be:
- Responsible for the operation and continuous improvement of Library Operations and Outreach Services.
- A member of the Senior Library Team and ensure the policy development for the provision of services within own team and contribute to others.
- Responsible for recruitment, supervision, professional development and performance management of a diverse Operations and Outreach services team.
About the person
The successful candidate should have previous experience at a senior level within a library, preferably a public library.
It is essential for applicants to have:
- A Working with Children Check document
- A proven record of team leadership with a complex information/library environment.
- Experienced at a senior level, preferably within a public library
- A recognized professional qualification in information science/librarianship or other relevant discipline.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $110,315 p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Ranjini Panicker on (02) 9806 5160.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 4pm, Tuesday 20 August 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. If you would like to know more, or require assistance with our recruitment process, please email [email protected] .
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Position Description Opens in new window
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
12-month temporary contract – maternity leave replacement position About the Role It is an exciting time to be working as a land use planner in the City of Parramatta. The Greater Sydney Commissi [...]
Sydney NSW $74,677 a year About the role This position is responsible for management of a newly created branch within the Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library- WPCCL, which is one of Counc [...]
Sydney NSW $55,944 a year An exciting opportunity has arisen for motivated individual to join our committed, supportive Civil Maintenance team as an Asphalt Team Member / Driver. You will be part of [...]
Sydney NSW $62,199 a year Are you interested in how Cities and Councils work? Does working with a diverse, professional, and highly motivated team appeal to you? Parramatta is Sydneys central City [...]