Northern Health Australia
Grade 2 Social Worker
Full Time, Fixed Term (Maternity Leave Cover)
Northern Health is a dynamic health service, providing vital public healthcare to residents of Melbourne’s northern suburbs and the surrounding regional communities. Our campuses offer services to a diverse community across acute, subacute, ambulatory and community programs.
This opportunity will suit an enthusiastic, dynamic, and innovative social worker predominantly working in a General Medicine Unit at Northern Health Epping. Your experience will showcase your clinical social work knowledge, including risk assessment skills and intervention, within the hospital context.
Community and sub-acute hospital experience in health is highly desirable.
You must be able to demonstrate your leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. It is expected that you will be thorough and highly organised yet flexible, you are comfortable working to tight deadlines and able to digest and present complex information in a concise, understandable format. Crucially, you are a team player and an excellent communicator who is comfortable engaging productively with staff at all levels of the business.
- Significant experience in undertaking comprehensive psychosocial assessments, intervention, discharge planning of patients within a hospital inpatient and outpatient setting including the ability to manage a complex caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to complete timely risk assessments and intervention to patients experiencing crisis, including a sound understanding of the appropriate legislation when required.
- Highly developed interpersonal, practical negotiation, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and dedication to ongoing Quality Improvement.
- Good knowledge of relevant community resources and information.
- Eligibility for membership of the AASW.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to join a friendly and progressive team in a rapidly expanding and dynamic organisation.
- Encouragement to grow, innovate and partake in ongoing training and development programs.
- Benefits including salary packaging, monthly accrued day off, flexible working arrangements, access to EAP, library access and onsite car parking.
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
Essential: Key Selection Criteria?
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC Part-time, Temporary Northern Health Paediatric Postgraduate Student 2020 Northern Health Consisting of: 6 months Emergency Department (Paediatrics) 6 months Children’s Unit T [...]
Melbourne VIC Temporary Northern Health Haematology Fellow 1 Year Fixed Term - Full Time Northern Health is a dynamic health service, providing vital public healthcare to residents of Melbour [...]
Melbourne VIC Temporary Northern Health 2020 Surgical Fellows Full Time, Fixed Term Northern Health provides a diverse range of acute, sub-acute and community health services to the large and di [...]
Melbourne VIC Part-time, Temporary Northern Health Administration Assistant – Medicine Division Part Time, Fixed Term (maternity leave cover) Northern Health is a dynamic health service, pr [...]