You will be accountable for ensuring students with a disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition are actively and positively included in all aspects of Chisholm life and can participate equally with other students.
This role provides direct support to students and primary care givers through appointments, class talks, presentations, workshops, resource creation, and support to educators to meet the needs of the student body and deliver a proactive and reactive service across Chisholm.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Act as a thought leader and specialist context-relevant problem solver to support delivery departments and improve the student experience;
- Mentor, coach,
monitor and support team members and staff to apply best practice methods and support to students with a disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition;
- Provide advice and guidance to Chisholm community (including academics and professional staff) in relation to any disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition-related query and potential impacts of these on study. Liaising with Chisholm staff to ensure reasonable adjustments are implemented accordingly.
- Assist students with a disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition and primary carers by recommending Reasonable Adjustments (including Equitable Assessment Arrangement) which aim to provide equitable/inclusive access;
- Role model best practice to stakeholders while creating and strengthening relationships across business areas to service staff needs and support the superior experience of students with a disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition;
- Liaise with representatives of Government Departments and external agencies as required to meet the needs of students with disabilities;
You will have a relevant post-secondary qualification preferably with a special education and/ or disability specialization.
Crucial to your success will be your proven track record in working with students with disabilities in teaching and learning environments within tertiary institutions. You will also have extensive knowledge of and commitment to anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation, particularly as it applies to people with disabilities.
You are a highly motivated team member who has well-developed communication and liaison skills applied in the context of supporting the learning needs of students with disabilities and has an appropriate understanding of the policy and legislative settings relating to the provision of support to students with disabilities.
It would be highly desirable if you also had case management expertise and an strong understanding of the relevant government and private support services.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Thursday 29 August 2019.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Deb Davey, Team Leader Student Support Phone: +613 5950 2078
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Part-time The Administrative Officer is accountable for providing administrative and operational support to the Business & Information Technology Business Area. This role will focus on p [...]
Frankston VIC The Reporting Officer is accountable for providing operational support to educational business areas in the production of data and reports to meet contractual and legislative requiremen [...]
Frankston VIC Casual You will be accountable for the initial qualification of all enquiries with Chisholm, providing face to face concierge support at our customer service counters and providing adm [...]
Victoria Casual As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabi [...]