St Vincent's Hospital Sydney
Staff Specialist-Lung Transplantation & Thoracic Medicine
Position Number : 219209
Department : Thoracic Medicine
Classification : Staff Specialist, 0.4 FTE
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified Specialist to join the St Vincent’s Hospital Lung Transplant & Thoracic Medicine Department. This position is for a permanent 0.4 FTE.
The successful person will deliver interventional and diagnostic respiratory services, including bronchoscopy. Provide acute and chronic care to Lung transplant and General thoracic patients. Lead and participate in the development of research and academia in the field of Lung transplant,
Interventional bronchology and interstitial lung disease at St Vincent’s hospital. Participate in teaching duties at specialist, registrar, junior medical officer and undergraduate levels. Promote good patient care and the good reputation of the department and the hospital. Participate in out-of-hours on-call Lung transplant and Thoracic Medicine roster.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
- Possess, or be eligible to possess, specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA); and possess Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or equivalent.
- Possess a PhD or is registered and in the process of completing a PhD in Interstitial lung Disease and/or Lung Transplantation.
- Has demonstrated successful experience in managing lung transplant patients at a specialist level in a lung transplant unit.
- Experience in complex pulmonary functions testing and reporting.
- A commitment to participation in a 1 in 5 on-call roster and direct clinical patient care.
- Current interventional bronchology skill subset to include bronchoscopy. Trans-bronchial lung biopsy and other interventional procedures.
- Experience and expertise in managing advanced lung disease including interstitial lung disease. Experience in supervising and co-ordinating an ILD service including an ILD MDT.
This position would suit an early career Thoracic physician who has an interest in undertaking research in lung transplantation, interventional bronchology and interstitial lung disease.
Appointment is in accordance with the NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations’ Staff Specialist Agreement.
For enquiries about the position please contact Professor Marshall Plit (Head of Department, Department of Thoracic Medicine) at [email protected] or by phone (02) 8382 2175.
Applications must be made online by accessing the web link: https://st-vincents-cgov-thcr4ka9.patientsafety.com/webframe/modules/mod_meldingen/FormController.php?form_id=31
Position Description and Critical Job Demands Checklist:
Review the following documents:
JR109355_PD_Staff Specialist_Lung Transplantation & Thoracic Medicine.docx
JR109355_JD&HD;_Lung Transplantation_Aug 2019.DOC
Award/Enterprise Agreement (if applicable):
Position Grade and Salary (if applicable):
Marshall Plit; [email protected] or phone 8382-1111
30 August 2019 11:59pm
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sydney NSW $53,647 - $55,829 a year Position Title: Technical Assistant Employment Type: Permanent Hours per week: 38 Hours per week Position Grade: Technical Assistant (Grade 2) Salary: $53 [...]
Sydney NSW $97,812 - $116,013 a year Position Title: Corporate Partnerships Manager Employment Type: Permanent | Full Time Hours per week: 38 Hours per week Position Grade: Health Manager Leve [...]
Sydney NSW $97,812 - $116,013 a year Position Title: HR Indigenous Specialist Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Hours per week: 38 Position Grade: Health Services Manager Level 2 Salary: [...]
Sydney NSW VISITING MEDICAL OFFICER: OPHTHALMOLOGY Department: Ophthalmology Classification: Visiting Medical Officer The Ophthalmology Department at St Vincent's Hospital-Sydney offers outpati [...]