Herbert Smith Freehills
Sydney Central Business District NSW
Our market-leading Legal Operations team has a new opportunity for a Work Allocation Manager to facilitate our evolving legal service delivery model. Initially a 2-year maximum term contract, you will partner closely with our Corporate practice group to optimise resourcing and work allocation based on projected workflows and lawyer utilisation. This role aims to deliver excellent service to our clients and ensure an engaged and sustainable workforce.
Acting as a trusted adviser, day to day you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring current and anticipated activity levels, capacity and matter staffing, and help smooth utilisation levels where required
- Developing an understanding of individual skills, development needs, and aspirations that can be factored into resourcing decisions
- Proactively managing the current work allocation tools and processes, ensuring they are maintained and accurate
- Providing regular weekly data reports, share insights on participation levels, the impact of new practices with leadership and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring continued clear, effective lines of communication, keeping all stakeholders informed on work allocation initiatives, developments, business issues, as well as other critical topics.
- Working with stakeholders and the broader business (e.g. Business Finance) to have oversight of business forecasting to proactively drive resourcing decisions
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have a really strong commercial and business awareness. You’ll also have:
- Prior experience in work allocation or resource management, ideally in a large professional services or legal environment
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Strong client focus
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work on own initiative
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience working with resource management software desirable.
GROUP / TEAM
GROUP / TEAM DESCRIPTION
Our Corporate services group is comprised of a number of teams from the firm's central management functions, which support key activities both within the firm and in the external market. They coordinate common initiatives, improve communication and drive greater efficiency across our operations. These teams are Legal Operations, Management Services, Pro bono and citizenship, Internal/external communications and the Programme Management Office (PMO).
In response to the needs of clients, we have combined specialist skills that provide a range of critical business support services for our clients and their in-house lawyers, notably legal project management, pricing, research, innovation and contract automation services. This single integrated team, called Legal Operations, is a ‘single place’ where our clients and partners can go to access these services. As well as aligning to the needs of our clients, we aim to provide clients with greater certainty on commercial outcomes in matters (price, budget) and greater efficiency in delivery (time, cost and scope). Additionally, we bring innovation, automation and process improvement in our service to clients, both to drive efficiency and build opportunities to transform the client's business and operating environment. Our goal is to make Legal Operations easy to access for our clients and partners, give them a consistently positive experience, and provide exceptional service that meets and anticipates their needs.
Maximum Term Contract
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We aim to have a diverse, innovative culture where high performance, client focus and highly engaged people are our differentiator and where we celebrate the uniqueness of our people. Our firm is made up of people with a range of experience and backgrounds. We strive to ensure that our inclusive environment means our people feel valued and able to perform at their best by being their authentic selves at work. We know that our future success not only depends on being innovative and progressive in the changing legal market but, most importantly, on our people feeling engaged.
- Herbert Smith Freehills
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The opportunity We currently have an opportunity in our Sydney Restructuring, Turnaround and Insolvency (RTI) team for a talented Senior Associate. In this role, you will work with Partner, Paul Apa [...]
The opportunity We have a newly created role for a Citizenship Coordinator to join our Pro Bono & Citizenship team. You’ll be passionate about community and Reconciliation engagement, and provide [...]
The opportunity We currently have a unique opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our pre-eminent Dispute Resolution team in Sydney, to work with clients on commercial dispute resolution with a pa [...]
The opportunity Exciting opportunity for a talented Enterprise Architect to join our global team with a focus on applications architecture. You'll be part of the team driving towards common global a [...]