TAFE - North Coast Institute
Hunter Valley NSW
Teacher of Auto Mechanics (Heavy or Light)
TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with current industry experience and knowledge in Automotive Mechanics (Heavy or Light) to join our team of teachers on a part time casual basis based at Coffs Harbour Education Campus
If you are interested in sharing your talents by teaching the next generation, then this is for you!
You will love this position if you:
- Like to share your passion in Automotive Mechanics (Heavy or Light)
- Want to work as a part of a collaborative and dynamic teaching team and are committed to building the skills of students
- Have a demonstrated commitment to or previous experience in delivering training in an adult learning environment.
The role of the TAFE teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
If you have…
- Appropriate subject knowledge, skills and vocational qualifications in Automotive Mechanics (Heavy or Light) and a commitment to maintain technical currency
- Minimum of three years post-qualification experience in industry relevant to your qualifications, gained no longer than five years previously
- Certificate IV TAE40116
- Be prepared to continue to develop Vocational Education and Training (VET) knowledge and skills as well as industry currency and trainer/assessor competence
- High level written and oral communication skills in English and Proven ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of educational, industrial or community environments
- Commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment and demonstrated organisational skills applicable to an educational setting
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment
- Proven strengths in problem solving and change management
.... We would love to hear from you!
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
Location: Coffs Harbour Education Campus
Job Grade/Classification: Teacher – Base Grade
Reference Number: 000078X8
Closing date: Sunday 1 September 2019, 11.59pm
Job Specific Enquiries please contact Sally Kingston-Rose, Recruitment Officer on 02 6674 7365
For further information please refer to the Information Package and Position Description
Essential Requirements form a specific part of the selection process. Candidates for this role are required to address each of these items specifically in their application.
Please address the two target questions in less than 300 words each.
If you experience difficulties whilst submitting your application online at JobsNSW please contact the support team on 1800 562 679.
NOTE: This is a child-related position. A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information can be found at Working With Children Check.
Location Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley-Port Macquarie & Mid-North Coast
Work Type Casual
Total Remuneration Package: $82.75 per hour
Contact Recruitment Hotline - 1800 008 233
Closing Date 01-Sep-2019
Job Category Education and/or training
Organisation TAFE - North Coast Institute
Key Application Responses
As a Teacher at TAFE NSW you are required to work with minimal supervision and manage your time and working responsibilities.
Please provide an example where you have successfully worked in this way.
Working within a teaching section at TAFE NSW you must be able collaborate and communicate with a diverse range of colleagues.
Explain a time when you have performed in this way within a workplace setting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hunter Valley NSW Teacher of Business Administration - 000078HU TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with current industry experience and knowledge in Business Administration to join our team of Te [...]
Hunter Valley NSW Teacher of Networking - 000078HN TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with industry experience and knowledge in Computer Networking to join our team of teachers at Ourimbah. You [...]
Hunter Valley NSW Casual Library Technician - 000077PV This is an exciting opportunity to be part of TAFE NSW Student Services team. TAFE NSW is seeking an experienced Library Technicians to joi [...]
Hunter Valley NSW Part-time Assessor of Language, Literacy and Numeracy - 000077VZ Be Ambitious… This is an exciting opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to involve themselves i [...]