Central Coast Local Health District
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time
Position Classification: Post Grad Fellow
Remuneration: 198234 - 198234
Hours Per Week: 32
Requisition ID: REQ124306
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners eligible for registration in New South Wales for the above position within the Department of General Surgery, Gosford and Wyong Hospitals, Central Coast Local Health District CCLHD.
Applicants should be a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and / or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
Central Coast is comprised of the twin areas of Gosford and Wyong, positioned between Sydney and Newcastle,
which are collectively expected to grow from the current approximate 300,000 to 450,000 population before 2030. The Local Health District has strong connections with both Royal North Shore Hospital and the University of Newcastle. Gosford Hospital currently has two Breast/Endocrine Surgeons, three Bariatric/Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons and two Colorectal Surgeons.
The Postgraduate Fellow position is available for up to 12 months and will commence on 03.02.20 – 31.01.21 at 0.8 FTE. Applicants expecting to be awarded their fellowship may be considered. If successful, the applicant will commence their appointment as a Trainee until the relevant qualifications and requirements are formally completed.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Staff Specialist (State) Award.
For enquiries about the position please contact Dr Rita Poon, Head of Department of General Surgery, phone (02) 4320 5339 or email [email protected]
To formally apply for this position you must apply via eCredential ONLY.
The Health Service is committed to EEO, OH&S;, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Successful applicants are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct. Relevant criminal record checks will be undertaken on recommended applicants. Employment is subject to having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases. Salary Packaging is available to enhance benefits.
Applications will not be accepted via agencies.
- Medical Practitioner registered or able to be registered in Australia, inclusive of an unrestricted 19AB exempted provider number.
- Recognised specialist qualifications, Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and / or other equivalent specialist recognition. (Applicants expecting to be awarded their fellowship within six months may be considered. If successful the applicant will not be subsequently eligible to commence their appointment until the relevant qualifications and requirements are formally completed.)
- Appropriate experience to practice as a Senior Medical Practitioner in General Surgery, sub specialty interest in colorectal surgery would be advantageous.
- Ability to work constructively and effectively in a Multidisciplinary team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to lead and supervise medical and surgical trainees, residents and medical students; eg experience in teaching the management of the deteriorating patient would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to Caring for the Coast vision, goals and strategies, with demonstrated behaviours which align to the NSW CORE values and CCLHD Values and Behaviours charter.
Need more information?
2) To view the Clinical Privileges and Scope of Practice for this position click here
Applications Close: 1st September 2019
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Gosford NSW Temporary Employment Type: Temporary Full Time Position Classification: Staff Specialist Remuneration: As per the Award Hours Per Week: 40 Requisition ID: REQ123346 Applicati [...]
Gosford NSW Temporary Employment Type: Visiting Medical Officer Position Classification: Visiting Medical Off Remuneration: As per the Award Hours Per Week: 0 Requisition ID: REQ123339 A [...]
Central Coast NSW Part-time $27.37 - $28.33 an hour Employment Type: Permanent Part Time Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 2 Remuneration: $27.37 - $28.33 per hour Hours P [...]
Central Coast NSW $113,735 - $129,658 a year Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Health Manager Level 3 Remuneration: $113,735 - $129,658 Hours Per Week: 38 Requisi [...]