Carlton North Primary School was established in 1873. Our vision is to foster the values, designs and behaviours where everyone can reach their potential. The school is well respected in the local community and is the local school for most families. School enrolments have remained stable with around 290 students. There is a high demand for Foundation entry each year from the local community of Carlton North. Approximately 20% of families receive the Camps, Sports & Excursions Fund (CSEF) payment and 10% of students come from a background where English is not the main language spoken at home.
At Carlton North Primary School,
we provide a comprehensive curriculum based on the Victorian Curriculum, which includes English, Mathematics, Humanities, Science, STEM, Performing/Visual Arts, Health and Physical Education (PE) and Italian. We have established an agreed guaranteed and viable curriculum, with the expectation of teaching Reading, Writing and Mathematics every day. Wellbeing, Science and Inquiry are taught as stand-alone subjects with the expectation that they are taught a minimum of one session per week. The school also provides specialist classes in Italian, PE, The Arts and STEM. At CNPS we have high expectations of our learners and in 2017 we established the expectation that all students, deemed capable, will make more than 12 months growth in all learning areas.
The School Strategic Plan (SSP) 2018-2021 was developed after a rigorous peer review in 2017. Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Community Engagement in Learning and Positive Climate for Learning have been identified as the FISO priorities. Initiatives in Curriculum Planning and Assessment and Building Practice Excellence have been the focus on actions to improve overall student achievement for 2020.
Please note CNPS has a culture of child safety and a zero tolerance of child abuse. All staff must adhere to the school’s Commitment Statement and Child Safety Code of Conduct.
SC1 Demonstrated expert knowledge of the relevant curriculum. Demonstrated ability to model exemplary teaching practice, including the teaching of literacy and numeracy skills across the curriculum, and implement school priorities.
SC2 Demonstrated expertise in the implementation and modelling of high impact teaching strategies that respond to student learning needs. Demonstrated ability to support teachers to evaluate the impact of learning and teaching programs on student learning growth
SC3 Demonstrated exemplary ability to model the monitoring and assessment of student learning. Demonstrated ability to support others in using data to inform teaching practice and to provide feedback on student learning growth and achievement to students and parents.
SC4 Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative relationships with students, colleagues, parents and the broader school community to support student learning, agency, wellbeing and engagement.
SC5 Demonstrated ability to model behaviours and attitudes consistent with Department values. Demonstrated ability to support others to reflect on their practice and facilitate school-based professional learning.
SC6 Demonstrated capacity to play a pivotal role in achieving school-wide English and Maths goals, as outlined in the Carlton North Primary School Strategic Plan 2018 - 2021.
Learning Specialists will be highly skilled classroom practitioners who continue to spend the majority of their time in the classroom delivering high-quality teaching and learning and have a range of responsibilities related to their expertise, including teaching demonstration lessons, observing and providing feedback to other teachers and facilitating school-based professional learning. Learning Specialists are expected to have deep knowledge and expertise in high quality teaching and learning in delivering improved achievement, engagement and wellbeing for students. The role of the Learning Specialist will be to model excellence in teaching and learning through demonstration lessons and, mentoring and coaching teachers in improving the skill, knowledge and effectiveness of the teaching workforce.
The Learning Specialist role is aimed at building excellence in teaching and learning within the Teaching Service.
In recognition of the importance of exemplary practice for improved student learning outcomes, the key roles of the Learning Specialists may include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating high-level expertise in teaching and learning practice
- Modelling exemplary classroom practice including through teaching demonstration lessons
- Working with the school leadership team to develop a shared view of highly effective teacher practice
- Leading and modelling the implementation of whole-school improvement strategies related to curriculum planning and delivery
- Playing a key role in the provision of professional learning, including through developing processes and protocols for observation and feedback of teacher practice and peer collaboration
- Modelling effective learning practice and supporting teachers to seek, analyse and act on feedback and on their practice
- Providing evidence-based feedback to teaching staff to inform their effectiveness and development
- Providing expert advice about the context, processes and strategies that will shape individual and school professional learning
- Supervising and training one or more student teachers and mentoring and/or coaching teachers
- Modelling exemplary use of student data to inform teaching approaches
- Developing and promoting school-wide professional learning structures, processes and protocols through Professional Learning Communities
- Modelling exemplary professional learning practice included through seeking feedback from other teachers and leaders on their own classroom practice as part of critical reflection and inquiry to improve practice
Who May Apply
Teachers currently registered or eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching and qualified to teach and/or have demonstrated experience in the curriculum area(s) specified for the position.
EEO AND OHS Commitment
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Child Safe Standards
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
Conditions of Employment
- All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
- Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
- A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC Reference: 29792 Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state- [...]
Melbourne VIC Reference: 1162029 Location Profile Craigieburn Secondary College is situated 25 kilometres north of the city centre and is set on large, picturesque grounds shared with Craigiebur [...]
Melbourne VIC Part-time Reference: 1161742 Location Profile The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DET) and Monash University have collaborated to develop a secondary scho [...]
Melbourne VIC $1,130 a week Reference: 29666 Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbo [...]