This position is accountable for high quality career counselling and career development education to assist Chisholm students to make informed pathway and career decisions.
This role supports transitional stages that occur in the student journey, including preparing students toward employment readiness through your ability to continually innovate, explore and engage in new channels for supporting and preparing students for employment. The role contributes to improving participation, completion rates and graduate outcomes for students.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design innovative service delivery methods for student self-awareness,
placement preparation and job readiness to support student completion of qualifications
- Produce, update and disseminate career resources for students to provide information and knowledge using preferred student channels
- Develop and maintain referenced career based digital content to support student cohort needs including vocational, VCE, VCAL and Higher Education students
- Deliver high quality career counselling services and vocational assessment (as required) to drive student satisfaction, across numerous service channels including online, phone and face to face.
- Coordinate career development learning and career digital literacy activities to prepare students to meet industry proficiencies
- Maintain professional currency through education, training or development opportunities to ensure best practice for vocational and higher education student needs
- Maintain an effective referral network to support practitioner knowledge and meet student needs
You will have a related Degree in people related services; or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience and specialist expertise in career advice, career related training or job placement related services. It would be desirable if you also had a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a graduate qualification in Career Education & Development.
Crucial to your success will be your proven track record in a demanding work environment to demonstrate your experience in careers related services and the ability to present information and facilitate group work.
You will also have strong specialist interpretation, advice and decision-making experience based on career practices, professional standards and frameworks. Strong problem solving, collaboration and the ability to work independently within policy and guidelines will be your strengths.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Wednesday 28 August 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Noreen Cabral, Team Leader, Student Services on +61 3 9238 8265.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Part-time The Administrative Officer is accountable for providing administrative and operational support to the Business & Information Technology Business Area. This role will focus on p [...]
Frankston VIC The Reporting Officer is accountable for providing operational support to educational business areas in the production of data and reports to meet contractual and legislative requiremen [...]
Frankston VIC Casual You will be accountable for the initial qualification of all enquiries with Chisholm, providing face to face concierge support at our customer service counters and providing adm [...]
Victoria Casual As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabi [...]