University of New South Wales
Job no: 497663
Work type: Continuing / Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Finance, Research Administration support
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Strategic Procurement's primary purpose is to deliver value by providing safe, efficient and effective procurement and in-bound supply chain services to UNSW faculties, businesses and divisions. Value is enabled by highly capable people applying uniform processes and e-technologies resulting in continuous supply chain improvement, enhanced corporate social responsibility and measurable savings for UNSW.
The University is currently in an exciting phase of transformation and change.
Procurement is a significant internal function dedicated to continuing to build a high-performance culture whilst delivering excellent service. This opportunity has become available due to internal promotion.
About the role:
The Category Manager provides end-to-end category management for allocated categories/category. The role is responsible for developing and implementing category/sub-category management Strategies and leading high complexity strategic sourcing events to capture sustainable benefits for the University.
A key objective of Procurement is to, through category and sourcing strategies:
- capture sustained and competitive value; and
- manage reputational, legal, commercial and supply risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review current contracts and provide recommendations for improved performance, and options to vary or enhance competitive advantage.
- Be the procurement lead in market engagement activities assigned by Procurement Manager.
- Implement strategic contract management and supplier relationship management plans.
- In consultation with the Procurement Manager engage with internal stakeholders to, develop category plans and vendor strategies that effectively address business needs, improve supplier performance and ensure value for money is achieved.
- Be recognised as a trusted commercial advisor and an expert in deriving value whilst meeting operational needs.
- Demonstrate strong influencing capabilities in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders as well as collaborate with stakeholders at all levels (from the Board to Contract Managers)
About the successful applicant:
- You will develop and implement strategic category plans based on market research and whole-of-life cost analysis to optimise value for money outcomes.
- You have demonstrated experience in strategic sourcing, category management and procurement.
- You will have strong influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and creativity – you would have demonstrated ability to adopt new methods and process to deliver outcomes and meet the internal customer need, consistently challenge existing paradigms.
- Work with Innovative Thought Leaders who are creating strategic change.
- Career Development and an opportunity to make the role your own.
To Apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sydney NSW Contract $94,418 a year Job no: 497502 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Finance - One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universi [...]
Sydney NSW Contract $95,462 - $103,318 a year Job no: 497336 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Administration At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a work [...]
Key Selection CriteriaA relevant degree with experience in research and research administration or similar role or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training and e [...]
Send Save You need to sign in or create an account to save Apply One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities Strong regional and global engagement Located at Kensington S [...]