Swinburne University of Technology
Our Workplace Relations Advisor will join a passionate and energetic team of legal professionals and will perform case management and provide specialist advice and services across a broad range of workplace relations and industrial relations matters. Reporting to the Workplace Relations Manager within our People & Culture team role you will partner with key stakeholders within the business taking full ownership and accountability for case management and (if legally qualified) offer specialised employment relations advice.
About the department
The People & Culture function provides strategic advice and solutions to the University across the full range of people and culture services.
A key role of People & Culture is to Engage, Support and Inspire Swinburne’s most valuable asset, its people, by connecting them with the university’s vision and strategy.
The People & Culture function provides:
- an end-to-end human resources service;
- a strategy that enables the achievement of the Swinburne 2025 Strategy;
- understanding the business and operates as business partners to our clients;
- tailored, quality HR services and products ensuring a high level of expert support and advice;
- an environment where staff are continuously learning and committed to the objectives of the University;
- partnering with clients on contemporary Human Resources Management practices;
and, operates in a manner that supports the Swinburne behaviours and achievement of business objectives on the University.
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in law, human resources, industrial relations or equivalent; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Employment law, workplace relations and/or industrial relations experience
- Experience managing and advising on unsatisfactory performance/conduct, change management processes, grievances, terminations and redundancy processes
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our [email protected] Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume and cover letter.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on [email protected]
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on [email protected] For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 30 August 2019
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC As our new International Student Activities Officer (ISAO), you will both enhance and support all activities of the International Student Advisory & Support (ISA&S;) team. The ISAO is r [...]
Melbourne VIC An exciting opportunity now exists for a highly motivated individual to join Swinburne Student Life in the position of Student Experience Officer. This role will provide best in clas [...]
Melbourne VIC As Swinburne Student Life’s Administration Officer you will conduct the administrative and operational aspects of the Finance and Office Administration service for Swinburne Student L [...]
Melbourne VIC In this pivotal leadership role within our Faculty of Business and Law, an exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our Law School as the Dean of Law. This high profile role will contrib [...]