City of Parramatta
$81,826 a year
This position will be responsible for taking the lead role in the patrol and surveillance of land within the City of Parramatta LGA (including that owned privately, by Council or Crown Land) , investigating complaints and the issuing of warnings/cautions, penalty notices, or notices and orders for detected offences of the Biosecurity Act 2015, Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016, SEPP (Vegetation in Non-Rural areas) 2017 and other related Acts and Regulations.
On a daily basis you will:
- Create and undertake an effective biosecurity weed inspection regime that will routinely involve inspections of residential properties, nursery and florist businesses within the LGA.
- Communicate with and educate business owners and residents to assist them with identifying and eliminating biosecurity weed threats.
- Communicate and liaise with Natural Resource officers or other relevant staff within Council on matters relating to biosecurity weed inspections and reporting requirements as prescribed by the Department of Primary Industries and the Biosecurity Act 2015 and associated regulations.
About the person
The successful candidate should have previous experience in a similar or other regulatory role. It is essential for applicants to have the following:
- Holder of current Class C driver’s licence.
- Relevant qualifications in either horticulture, bushland regeneration, weed control, natural resource management or other related discipline or equivalent qualification
- Be an accredited Biosecurity Act 2015 authorised officer
- Holder of Ranger 1, 2 & or 3 Certificate of Competency and/or
- Holder of Certificate IV in Regulatory Services/Investigations and/or
- Other equivalent and relevant certificate to level IV competency and/or
- Extensive Rangers experience or other similar regulatory enforcement experience.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $81,826 p.a. plus Super as well as participation in Councils Motor Vehicle Scheme. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Participation in Council’s Motor Vehicle Scheme will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Michelle Burke on (02) 9806-5735.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 4pm, Friday 19th July 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the successful candidate to complete a Criminal History Records Check and a Pre-Employment Medical, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test and Resilience Test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. If you would like to know more, or require assistance with our recruitment process, please email [email protected]
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Position Description Opens in new window
Sydney NSW $74,677 a year About the role This position is responsible for management of a newly created branch within the Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library- WPCCL, which is one of Counc [...]
Sydney NSW $130,830 a year The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney's Central City. The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parr [...]
Sydney NSW $110,315 a year - Temporary Full Time Opportunity - 12 Months About the role This temporary full-time (12 months) position is responsible for providing policy and Industrial advice [...]
Sydney NSW $90,110 a year An excellent Permanent Full Time opportunity has arisen for a capable individual to join our positive and dynamic Environmental Health team. You will be responsible for [...]