Australian Capital Territory
This small centrally located Statutory Authority requires multiple APS6 Policy Officers for 6 months.
Your new company
This small Statutory Authority has a mandate to enforce legislation that ensure Australian organisations are providing fair trading and regulating products and services for the benefit of all Australians. This section works with industry stakeholders to encourage compliance with regulatory policies to ensure that there is a safe supply of products and services. This is a newly established team that has prime responsibility to develop regulatory policies and implement awareness programmes.
Your new role
You will be brought on board to support the newly establish team to critically review and analyse the state of current regulatory policy with the aim to develop and drive new ideas to align with the modern day. This will include drafting ministerial briefs, correspondence, research, new policy proposals and QTBs. As this role will involve liaison with other officers within the Department, strong coordination and highly developed written and verbal communication skills are a must.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will be a high-performing individual with exceptional policy development skills. As well as this, you will portray;
- Government writing, including the ability to develop high level briefs, QTBs, QON, and general correspondence.
- Regulatory policy development experience and ability to work within highly legislate areas.
- Ability to break down and assess complex work processes.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills of a high order and ability to work in a small but busy team.
- Manage effective working relationships with internal staff, senior executives and external stakeholders throughout relevant jurisdictions and the Commonwealth.
You must be an Australian Citizen and possess or willing to go through and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and hard work you'll be rewarded with:
- An attractive long term hourly rate contract with opportunity to become permanent.
- Support provided by a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Support complex policy decisions.
What you need to do now
Apply today if you have the drive to succeed and hunger for delivering. Should you wish to discuss this opportunity or others in further detail, please contact Jayde Bennett in the Hays Policy & Strategy Team, on 02 6112 7690 or email [email protected] #2253859
Sydney Central Business District NSW Temporary This company has ongoing work with future roles available across Sydney for an experience EWP Operator. Your new company Hays Trades and Labour are [...]
Newcastle NSW Temporary 2 month temporary contract | Administration and reception | Your new company Join this great team on a 8 week temporary basis with the view for extension. This client is [...]
New South Wales Temporary High level admin | Property & Security | September 19 - June 20 contract | Full time hrs | Fabulous team Your new company This leading Not-for-Profit is a highly regar [...]
Newcastle NSW Temporary Temporary 1 day scribe position based on the Central Coast Your new company An experienced scribe / minute taker is required to type notes during these meetings as well [...]