Australian Capital Territory
Work as tyre fitter/mechanical TA for one of the most well-known ACT companies, specialising in mechanical ops
Your new company
This client delivers a wide range of services which Canberra's rely on every day. These include collecting recycling and rubbish removal, running public libraries, mowing open space, building and managing our roads, footpaths and cycle paths, building light rail, delivering and operating an integrated public transport network, and maintaining many of Canberra's lakes and ponds.
Your new role
Duties include activities associated with periodic fleet lube service procedures, heavy-duty industrial tyre and wheel replacement, vehicle chassis and engine cleaning.
Other duties include workshop cleaning and minor maintenance activities as directed.
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertake vehicle servicing and tyre fitting to the full range of fleet vehicles owned and operated by Transport Canberra and provide general assistance to trade staff.
- Assist with promotion of high standard of maintenance services, while adhering to safe working practices.
- Prioritise work activities to ensure that peak vehicle availability is met while ensuring quality work standards are maintained.
- Liaise with other work groups and/or individuals to ensure tasks are completed within a designated time-frame, taking into account quality control measures.
- General duties as directed by Manager.
What you'll get in return
- Permanent Resident of Australia
- Appropriate Qualifications and/or relevant certificate. Experience in tyre fitting/vehicle servicing/trades assistance would be highly desirable
- Possession of a current motor vehicle licence and the ability to obtain and hold a Transport Canberra yard licence
- The ability to work rotating rostered shifts
- White Card & Asbestos Awareness
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected], or call Aedan on 62305142 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2254131
Sydney Central Business District NSW Temporary Are you available to for an ongoing full time basis? 5 days per week 12am - 8am. $33.50p.h + O/t & p/r Your new company This well known FMCG company [...]
Sydney NSW Temporary $30 - $32 an hour A new opportunity for an experienced Data Entry Administrator to join the Government sector in Chatswood. Your new company A Federal Government Organisat [...]
Sydney Central Business District NSW Contract $650 a day Looking for a PMO Analyst for one of the biggest financial services institutions Your new company A highly-regarded Big 4 Bank is looki [...]
Perth WA Temporary Back office business support for Big 4 Bank Your new company Our client is a nationally recognised Bank with a solid reputation in the market for helping their customers with [...]