City of Parramatta
$81,826 a year
- 2 x Permanent Full Time opportunities available
An exciting and unique opportunity has become available within the Building Compliance Team within the Regulatory Services Unit. The team comprises a diverse range of skills and experiences including building surveyors, planners and investigators. The work is varied, complex and rewarding. Council encourages career development, training and has a focus on continuous improvement / change management.
- Investigate and action customer requests relative to unauthorised building works and land uses, while maintaining a high standard of customer service and compliance with the relevant planning legislation.
- Be part of the team in regard to programmed inspections which ensures key land uses, such as restricted premises and boarding houses are safe and achieve compliance with legislative requirements.
- Be responsive to community expectations and the need for education within a regulatory role.
- Respond timely to legislative changes
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying, Town Planning, Local Government Regulatory Services, Investigations or related discipline along with broad and comprehensive experience in Environmental and Development compliance.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Participation in Councils Motor Vehicle Scheme will be discussed with the successful applicant.
What’s on Offer:
We are offering an attractive salary from $81,826 p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to Know More?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Bernadette Robertson on (02) 9806 5335.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 4pm, Tuesday 16th July 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
This position requires the successful candidate to complete a Criminal History Records Check and a Pre-Employment Medical, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test and Resilience Test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. If you would like to know more, or require assistance with our recruitment process, please email [email protected]
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Position Description Opens in new window
Sydney NSW Casual $22.68 an hour - EXPRESSION OF INTEREST ONLY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST ONLY Riverside Theatres is the centrepiece of performance culture in Sydney’s Central city, Parramatta [...]
Sydney NSW $79,831 a year A new exciting and unique opportunity has become available for an energetic and professional individual to join our expanding Building Compliance Team at the City of Parram [...]
Sydney NSW $114,548 a year About the role This position is responsible for leading the engagement team in innovative ways of planning and delivering best practice inclusive engagement to provide i [...]
Sydney NSW $107,624 a year About the role This position looks after the safety of road users and ensures the efficient use of road space with priority given to growing the city, public transport, [...]