Australian Capital Territory
This government department is recruiting for APS4/5 Policy Officers
Your new company
This Federal Government Department in collaboration with other Federal agencies, consumers and stakeholders aims to improve the environment through effective policy advising, research and regulation.
Your new role
As a Policy Officer in this branch, you will work with a dedicated group of officers who are committed to maintaining and improving Australia’s system. The successful candidates will need to enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing work environment, display initiative, have sound judgement, and deliver quality work within tight deadlines. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the coordination and provision of high level policy
- Support to the Executive and Minister on policy matters.
- Provide support to the other policy areas that may arise
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of Australian Government funded programs.
- Contribute to the preparation of briefing papers and correspondence as required
- Engage in extensive liaison across the division and state governments on relevant policy and funding program matters.
What you'll need to succeed
Successful applicants will work as a member of a large team and possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clear, accurate and succinct briefings, papers and correspondence
- Strong administrative, planning and organisational skills, including organising own work and meeting deadlines
- Ability to use judgement in a range of policy/program management scenarios
- The ability to build and sustain relationships and work with a range of stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to apply/work with legislative frameworks.
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of water resource or environmental policy
- Experience in program design, development and implementation
- Experience working in a fast-paced policy environment
A tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience, in a relevant area of water resource planning, environmental science, natural resource management and law would be highly regarded.
Candidates with previous Federal Government experience will be highly considered for this role.
To be considered for this vacancy you must be an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline, NV1 or NV2 personnel security clearance.
What you'll get in return
Successful candidates will be offered a 3-6 month temporary contract and join a fast paced, fun and supportive team that work hard to achieve results.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected] on 02 6257 3331 now. #2241702
Sydney Central Business District NSW Temporary This company has ongoing work with future roles available across Sydney for an experience EWP Operator. Your new company Hays Trades and Labour are [...]
Newcastle NSW Temporary 2 month temporary contract | Administration and reception | Your new company Join this great team on a 8 week temporary basis with the view for extension. This client is [...]
New South Wales Temporary High level admin | Property & Security | September 19 - June 20 contract | Full time hrs | Fabulous team Your new company This leading Not-for-Profit is a highly regar [...]
Newcastle NSW Temporary Temporary 1 day scribe position based on the Central Coast Your new company An experienced scribe / minute taker is required to type notes during these meetings as well [...]