Australian Capital Territory
APS6 Scientific Research officer to promote the regulation of genetically modified plants.
Your new company
This organisation is working at the forefront of delivering a high level of policies and programs relating to the public’s health and wellbeing. This team is responsible for providing high level scientific advice to the organisation on applications involving intentional release of genetically modified plants into the environment.
Your new role
This exciting opportunity will see you join a multidisciplinary and high performing team for an attractive 6 month contract. You will prepare documents and research the biology of various plant species. From this you will complete project work,
minutes and briefs that are relevant to the regulation of gene technology.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will be a high-performing individual with a strong background in science and experience in research with the ability to work to tight timeframes. As well as this, you will have:
- The ability to prepare documents including minutes, reports, issues papers, papers for consideration by expert committees, guidelines, and technical and general correspondence.
- Liaise with other internal staff and external stakeholders, including scientific committee members, government agencies, representatives of research institutions and industry, and members of the public.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge, skills and experience in plant science, gene technology, science-based regulation and/or risk analysis.
- Good written communication skills, in particular the ability to write clearly and concisely about complex and technical matters
- A degree in science from an Australian tertiary institution, or comparable overseas qualification, along with substantial scientific research experience is desirable.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and drive you'll be rewarded with:
- An attractive long term hourly rate contract.
- Excellent support provided by a dynamic and collaborative team.
- An opportunity for career development.
What you need to do now
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity, please call Georgia Coppen on 6112 7690 or email your CV to [email protected] to apply now. #2247014
Sydney Central Business District NSW Temporary This company has ongoing work with future roles available across Sydney for an experience EWP Operator. Your new company Hays Trades and Labour are [...]
Newcastle NSW Temporary 2 month temporary contract | Administration and reception | Your new company Join this great team on a 8 week temporary basis with the view for extension. This client is [...]
New South Wales Temporary High level admin | Property & Security | September 19 - June 20 contract | Full time hrs | Fabulous team Your new company This leading Not-for-Profit is a highly regar [...]
Newcastle NSW Temporary Temporary 1 day scribe position based on the Central Coast Your new company An experienced scribe / minute taker is required to type notes during these meetings as well [...]