$30.95 - $33.45 an hour
Job Location: Ipswich
Working under the direction of Team Leader you will be responsible for supporting people in their day-to-day living, ensuring that they have maximum opportunity to develop valued lifestyles, providing opportunities for choice, control, self-advocacy and becoming a valued member of the community. Your day will involve:
- Building and maintaining trusting and meaningful working relationships with people we support, their circle of support and the community.
- Assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating plans that enable people we support to set and achieve personal goals.
- Providing direct support to people to achieve their goals.
- Facilitating community inclusion and participation and supporting people to establish and maintain relationships and interests through access to community activities, venues and services.
- Encouraging positive and socially appropriate behaviour, and effectively manage challenging behaviours.
- Providing personal care where required and personalised support in accordance with the personal plan.
- Previous experience with PEG feeding essential
- Nursing experience not essential but will be highly regarded
- Previous experience in and knowledge of the disability, allied health, welfare or education fields is essential
- A passion for working with people with disabilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with a willingness to work within a 24/7 rotating roster, including overnight/sleep-over shifts and weekend shifts.
- Understanding and commitment to a person-centered model of practice.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and (Yellow Card)
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $30.95 to $33.45 /hour
- PEG feeding: 2 years (Required)
- Disability Support Worker: 2 years (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Yellow Card (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- Blue Card (Preferred)
- First Aid Certificate (Preferred)
- Police Check (Preferred)
Melbourne Airport VIC 3045 Part-time, Permanent Where teamwork goes further When you’re one of our team, you’ll play a vital part in every customer’s journey. The part you’ll play With a [...]
Mount Waverley VIC Children, Youth & Families Service: TRY Australia Head Office Location: Mount Waverley Minimum Qualification: N/A Session Times: 9am to 5pm Total hours of position: 38 Hour [...]
Victoria Casual CDC Victoria is currently searching for enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join our team of Casual Charter Drivers. Working from one of our 5 depots across metropolitan Melbo [...]
Sydney NSW 2000 $67,000 - $72,000 a year Company Overview A large organisation which leads the industry in brand perception, service levels and diversity of products. The business is known as one [...]