McArthur is one of the most recognised and respected names in the Australian recruitment industry providing carers and recruitment solutions to the Aged and Disability Care sector for over 40 years. McArthur Community Care has been established from a deep desire to provide trusted and tailored care to support people to live independently. We are committed to providing the highest quality service to maintain people's independence, choice and control.
As a new NDIS Registered Service Provider, we specialise in delivering individualised and flexible supports through a holistic and person-centred approach to maintain independence and social connection with the community.
This role is to provide daily support, morning and afternoon,
to participants living in the Hornsby area
About the role:
We are offering exciting career opportunities for the right people to become part of this newly created team. We are seeking qualified disability support workers who have specific experience in working with people with high medical needs and challenging behaviours to support clients living in Wahroonga and Hornsby.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be required to assist people to remain living independently in their home by assisting them with:
- Personal care - showering, dressing, grooming
- Household tasks - household cleaning and laundry
- Skill development - shopping, cooking, catching public transport
- Transport - transport to appointments and/or shopping
- Social & Community participation - engage in the community, meet people
- Role modeling and mentoring
Suitable applicants MUST have:
- Minimum 6 months experience as a disability support worker role or in a similar position or life experience (essential)
- Experience working with challenging behaviours and/or high medical needs (essential)
- Certificate III in Individual Supports; Disability or equivalent (essential)
- Current Police Check and Working with Children Check (essential)
- Current First Aid Certificate incl. CPR (essential)
- Current Manual Handling Certificate (essential)
- Valid Driver's Licence (essential)
- Fully insured vehicle (to be used for work purposes)
- Experience with Positive Behaviour Supports
- Possess a high level of trust, honest and integrity and be able to maintain a professional relationship with all participants
Why work for McArthur Community Care
We value our Support Workers and seek regular feedback on all Participants and services.
We celebrate and thank our Support Worker's dedication and flexibility with our "Carer of the Month" award.
All Support Workers are eligible for our "Refer a Friend" or "Refer a Client" promotion - ask for further details during your interview.
We provide ongoing support and development for all Support Workers as required
If this sounds like the right job for you and you meet all of the above criteria and live within the area- don't want - APPLY NOW
McArthur Aged Care (NSW) is experiencing significant growth with more Service Providers choosing McArthur Aged Care to provide temporary staffing to fill their ad hoc rosters, therefore we have a need [...]
We are proud to be partnering with a Local Government department to recruit aSecurity Support Officerfor a temporary role until the end of May. The role will involve but is not limited to: Provide [...]
Early Childhood Edcuation Teacher/Educational Leader Early Childhood Teachers who understand that creativity and imagination are as much part of the learning process as structured programs and play [...]
An opportunity for an experienced Physiotherapist to join a well established Community Care NFP organisation based in Preston, with a client base across the north-western suburbs. You would be working [...]