Hays Manufacturing & Operations
Australian Capital Territory
Quality Assurance Officer - Defence - Canberra
Quality Manager - Defence systems - $90k super
Your new company
Our client is market leading manufacturer for the Defence sector, they are currently looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to work at their site in Canberra.
Your new role
As the Quality Engineer you will Lead the quality assurance function including the writing and oversight of Defence Systems Quality Policy. The Quality Engineer also functionally manages the other Quality personnel across the Defence Systems team and works with the production, engineering and supply chain managers to ensure their Quality requirements are met. In addition, he/she will co-ordinate the tracking of program, training,
engineering, production, supplier and customer metrics for communication in support of management decision making.
- You will manage compliance to External Certification, Customer Audits and Internal Quality objectives including the monitoring, analysis and communication of quality performance metrics across the organisation under the direction of the CEO Defence Systems.
- Working with the production, engineering and supply chain managers, ensure their Quality requirements are being met.
- Co-ordinate the tracking of program, training, engineering, production, supplier and customer metrics to provide critical information to inform decisions across the business.
- In collaboration with the Chief Technical Officer and engineering team, analyse and suggest improvements to design, production procedures and workflows. Work with the CTO and Engineering team to analyse and suggest improvements to design, production procedures and workflows.
- Support the supply chain managers in order to track and provide customer feedback on process variation leading to non-conformance of product returns
- Support final product inspections before shipment and generate product Certificates of Compliance.
- Establish quality management priorities and processes to ensure compliance with ISO9001:2015.
- Devising and establishing company's quality procedures, standards and specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of defence standards and ISO9001:2015 and its application within the Military domain within each country of operation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of defence standards and ISO9001:2015 and its application within the Military domain within each country of operation.
- Have extensive experience in Multi-discipline Engineering and production environment.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an International and innovative industry leader who is offering an attractive salary package and long term career.
What to do now
If you're interested in learning more about this position or you feel as though you would like to be considered for this vacancy please get in contact with Will on ******2066 + click to reveal or send CV's to Wil******@******.au + click to reveal .
Opportunity for a Project Manager to work on Defence Engineering Programs, 6 - 12 mth contract Your new company This is an opportunity to work with an expanding multinational organisation speci [...]
Folder/Press Operator position for a leader in Steel industry. Ongoing role with excellent hourly rates Your new company Is a household name in the steel manufacturing industry and as they go f [...]
Quality Assurance Manager Role, up to $100k super, Sydney South West, Mon - Fri. Your new company Hays are working exclusively with a leading FMCG packaging company. A rapidly growing consumer [...]
Production Supervisor required for speciality Food Manufacturer, Inner West, $80-90k super Your new company Hays are working with a speciality manufacturer of Food products, based in Inner West [...]