Two Sides Accounting
About the business & the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing firm in a newly created role, be mentored by the Founder & Director of the firm.
We're not your average accounting firm – we work closely with our clients, and are considered part of their businesses. We go the extra mile and actively assist them in achieving their goals. We are proactive in our approach and are a long way from traditional external accountants whose clients only see once per year to lodge their Income Tax Returns.
We are experiencing rapid growth, making it an exciting time to join the team. We embrace all things tech,
and follow trends and developments in information technology so we can automate processes and increase efficiencies. Our office is paperless and 100% in the cloud - being awarded in Hubdoc's Top 50 Cloud Accountants in Australia in 2017 & 2018.
Applications close Friday 18th of January - successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
YOUR new role
Your duties and responsibilities as a Senior Accountant will include but not be limited to;
- Managing the workflow of the team including ensuring on time delivery of projects and meeting of tax deadlines as well as monitoring of practice budgeted hours for work items
- Review & preparation of end of year financial statements, tax returns, BAS and FBT for all entities including trusts and SMSF's
- Monthly management reporting
- Quarterly tax planning
- Researching complex tax law issues
- Training of junior team members
- Keeping up to date with new software developments and recommending ways to implement for our clients
Monday - Friday 9-5pm (strict 5pm lights off policy)
- 5 + years experience in Public Practice
- CA Qualified or nearing completion
- Experience using Xero (majority of our clients on Xero)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- High level of technical tax knowledge across all entities including trusts and SMSF's as well as Div7a, FBT & other complex areas
- Accuracy and exceptional attention to detail is a must
- Tech savvy and able to learn new things quickly
- High level people skills
What we offer YOU
- Work/life balance - enjoy a paid day off on your birthday
- Technology - we love tech and ensure that our team has the latestand greatest tech to work with (brand new MacBook Pro for the successful candidate)
- Modern office - we work in a newly renovated office space close to Miranda Westfield
- Professional development - we encourage all of our team to attend regular courses and seminars (including XEROCON)
- Progress your career with us - join our growing business with fantastic career opportunities
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Front-end Web Developer Full responsive web design, HTML5 / CSS3 and jQuery. Design and programming of Interfaces and Interaction. Look and feel according to the strategy of your business. Design and [...]
Become a part of one of Australia's Largest Direct Sales Companies. Are you currently working with another Direct Sales Company with no chance of growth or to spread your wings? We are currently see [...]
4th year apprentice carpenter keen to start doing some weekend work. Specialise in decks and pergolas, very hard worker and will not disappoint with the finish of my work cheers! [...]
We are seeking a reliable, caring and fun nanny to look after our 2 school age kids. The kids are lots of fun and very chatty. The successful applicant would love playing board games, playing outside, [...]