Odyssey House New South Wales was founded in 1977 by Sydney businessman, Walter McGrath, following the death of his son from a heroin overdose. From humble beginnings, Odyssey House NSW has since grown to become one of Australia’s largest and most successful rehabilitation services. Over the past 40 years we have helped more than 40,000 people turn their lives around.
Today Odyssey House offers Community Services as well as Residential Services along with a Magistrates Early Referral Into Treatment (MERIT) program. Our vision is to have a world free from addiction.
You will direct and lead the following functions:
- Finance /Accounting
- Strategic Human Resources and Transactional HR Services
- Business Operations / Contracts /Procurement / Infrastructure Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Information Systems Management
- Company[JB1] Secretary
This pivotal role will draw on your finance and operational experience and you will have responsibility for:
- Financial Management - Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance, Accounting and Tax and Treasury functions
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced/contracted out
- Oversight of procurement and contract frameworks
- Human Resources Management – Oversee Human Resources and Payroll to ensure all HR objectives are being met
- Business operations and procurement – lead management and operation of all facilities including maintenance and enhancement of buildings owned by Odyssey House
- Manage acquisition programs. Ensure adequate purchase of supplies, equipment, and materials in accordance with budget
- Technology and infrastructure management – Ensure all infrastructure and communication technology is deployed effectively across Odyssey House
- Company secretarial responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position you will possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role preferably with some experience working in NFP sector with a proven track record in the growth, implementation, delivery and on-going maintenance of financial and commercial services. Your proactive, hands on attitude along with your collaborative approach to building relationships is critical to your success and you will have demonstrated proficiency in implementing strategic decisions. You must have a CA or CPA qualification and be able to multi-task, problem solve, and work in a dynamic, changing environment. Ideally you will have worked in an organization with multiple worksites.
If you are up for this new challenge please submit your up-to-date resume and brief cover letter to the link below.
You must have current unrestricted working rights in Australia and please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. No agencies please.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Front-end Web Developer Full responsive web design, HTML5 / CSS3 and jQuery. Design and programming of Interfaces and Interaction. Look and feel according to the strategy of your business. Design and [...]
Become a part of one of Australia's Largest Direct Sales Companies. Are you currently working with another Direct Sales Company with no chance of growth or to spread your wings? We are currently see [...]
4th year apprentice carpenter keen to start doing some weekend work. Specialise in decks and pergolas, very hard worker and will not disappoint with the finish of my work cheers! [...]
We are seeking a reliable, caring and fun nanny to look after our 2 school age kids. The kids are lots of fun and very chatty. The successful applicant would love playing board games, playing outside, [...]