Create Something Special
Join the team at Warlu Way in a leader capacity and put your culinary stamp on our Restaurants, Bistros and Venues. We are seeking a highly experienced Sous Chef and a Chef dePartie to apply their culinary genius to aid in the reposition of Karratha as a food destination. Position commences early 2019.
Reporting to the head chef and general manager you will be responsible for supporting a new kitchen team in our soon to be refurbished taverns. You will have experience in all areas of a quality tavern menu with ambitions to lead your own team.
Warlu Way is building an exceptional hospitality and accommodation offer throughout the Pilbara and gaining a reputation for excellence in both product and service. If you're a professional who sets yourself high personal standards, loves to challenge yourself and thrives leading teams to excellence in the kitchen then we'd love to hear from you!
- Several years experience in fast paced kitchens serving high quality tavern menus.
- Proven leadership skills in help building capacity in teams and setting high standards being able to run all areas of the kitchen in the absence of the head chef.
- Being part of a high performance culture being well presented and able to lead when required.
- Being able to contribute with the creation of innovative menus at the highest level.
- An understanding of modern Australian cuisine and current market trends
- Ability to aid in the costings of all menus and learn and maintain food cost control practices
- Experience in a similar role .
- An obsession with guest satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressure in a high volume, fast paced environment maintaining a level headed headed temperament.
- Self-motivation, can do attitude
- Participates in a 7 day working roster of days, nights, weekends and public holidays
- Leadership in food safety and HACCP principles.
- Certificate III and Cert IV in Commercial cookery (minimum)
Successful candidates will partner closely with the Venue and Beverage Managers to drive outcomes in the overall food and beverage operation.
Warlu Way, through its Latitude20 brand, has already built a successful accommodation offer in Karratha, aiming to be a leading Australian boutique lifestyle brand and pioneer in boutique hotels and conference facilities.
- Our properties will offer boutique accommodation, conferences & meetings, weddings & events, critically acclaimed restaurants and deliver award winning wines.
- We are rapidly expanding in the Pilbara and are unique in being a family owned company that acts like a corporate but delivers with the heart of a small business.
- You will be joining a high performing workplace that believes in developing new talent and empowering people to drive their own results.
- We value our people and, as such, offer challenges, rewards, career progression, team incentives and social activities.
If you are a talented, passionate and performance driven individual wanting to enjoy your career with an emerging boutique hotel brand and supportive team, then please....
The application form will include these questions:
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience leading kitchen stations?
- Do you have experience training & managing kitchen staff?
- Do you have experience with menu planning & costing?
- Do you have experience determining kitchen budgets & produce requirements?
Front-end Web Developer Full responsive web design, HTML5 / CSS3 and jQuery. Design and programming of Interfaces and Interaction. Look and feel according to the strategy of your business. Design and [...]
Become a part of one of Australia's Largest Direct Sales Companies. Are you currently working with another Direct Sales Company with no chance of growth or to spread your wings? We are currently see [...]
4th year apprentice carpenter keen to start doing some weekend work. Specialise in decks and pergolas, very hard worker and will not disappoint with the finish of my work cheers! [...]
We are seeking a reliable, caring and fun nanny to look after our 2 school age kids. The kids are lots of fun and very chatty. The successful applicant would love playing board games, playing outside, [...]