Sydney, NSW, AU, 2009
About John Holland
We’re all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges. We do that by providing leading design, engineering, construction and asset operations, across infrastructure, transport, building and property in Australia and New Zealand.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?
We are seeking an experienced Civil Supervisor to join our team based in Mascot. This role will coordinate the work and performance of multiple teams and subcontractors to achieve outcomes of the delivery on this project.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage Safety and Quality compliance on site
- Contractor management and planning
- Manage and Coordinate People/Plant/Equipment and Material Logistics for all surface works
- Provide and take leadership responsibility in health, safety, and environment management.
- Contribute to development of work methods and rolling short term construction programs and plan daily/weekly production work.
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder management through positive, proactive, and professional communication to keep key personnel informed.
- Complete progress reporting, and activities, reports for shift handovers and consistent regular reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Ensure compliance of commercial and financial costs including budgets and the implications of directions within your authority limits.
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
- Majority of your experience will be within large site construction supervision ideally within the infrastructure sector
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a similar role
- Technical competency and understanding of Road Structures and/or Civil/Earthworks
- Skill in review of design documents, ability to understand drawings, provide constructability review and implement final design plans
- People and performance management of subcontractors and suppliers
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives.
Your success is reflected in ours, so we’re committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We’ll do all we can to help you develop your skills,
and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.
Job Segment: Design Engineer, Engineer, Engineering
- Posted Just posted
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Ticketing Supervisor to join our all-star team at Sydney Writers' Festival in Sydney. Growing your career as a Full Time Ticketing Supervisor is an awesome opportu [...]
We are searching for an organized Administration Supervisor (Level 4) - Emergency Department - Prince of Wales Hospital to join our incredible team at South Eastern Sydney Local Health District in Syd [...]
We are looking to hire an expert Curatorial Supervisor to join our stellar team at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo in Sydney. Growing your career as a Full Time Curatorial Supervisor is an awesome opportunity [...]
Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre Join one of Sydney's and Australia's most versatile and trusted portfolio of Sports Venues at the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Venues. We are seeking a committed a [...]