- Exciting opportunity to work in brand new interventional suites
- State of the art facilities
- Full time, part time and casual positions available
Well supported service with opportunities to train and develop new and specialised skills.
A successful applicant will need to demonstrate that they can bring their specialised skills to the assessment, scrubbing, scouting and safe treatment of patients undergoing such procedures as coronary angiogram, percutaneous coronary intervention, structural heart procedures, temporary and permanent pacemaker and defibrillator implantation, endovascular aortic aneurysm repairs, varicose vein procedures, leg angiograms and stenting swell as a range of neuroradiological procedures.
You will utilise a high standard of evidence based nursing care to plan, assess and implement care for all patients in collaboration with the patient/ family and multidisciplinary team.
- Provide a high level of clinical care and exceptional customer service to patients
- Perform nursing care interventions based on evidence-based practice
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team as required
- Coordinate nursing care and provide hands-on nursing care
- Respond effectively to emergency situations and the changing status of the patient
- Support staff education and learning through sharing knowledge and skills
- Deliver education and support to individuals/patients for the management of their health recovery and rehabilitation
- Establish a professional working relationship with VMOs, Staff Specialists and other stakeholders
Opening 30 October 2018, Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH) will be a fully licensed private hospital facility. Providing care to both public and private in and out patients this outstanding facility will provide a large range of quality services provided by exceptional nurses, doctors, allied and support staff.
NBH has a state of the art Interventional suite encompassing three laboratories including hybrid and biplane labs. It will provide a comprehensive range of cardiac, vascular and intra-neuro radiological procedures. The Interventional suite is co-located with the operating theatres thereby allowing opportunity for staff to work across both the suite and theatre areas to develop skills and knowledge while being supported by the medical and nursing expertise.
You will bring to our high-performing team:
- Current registration as a Nurse with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) or equivalent
- Post graduate Critical/Cardiac Care Certificate (desirable)
- 12 months experience in an accredited post-graduate nursing program
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an interventional suite with experience scrubbing and scouting for a range of cardiac and /or vascular procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cardiology Nursing and advanced clinical practice skills
- More than 2 years’ experience working in an acute hospital setting
- Demonstrated practice according to evidence based nursing and latest contemporary practices in nursing
- Sound clinical decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage challenging situations calmly
- Able to provide education, support and guidance to peers, patients and their families
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Flexibility with shift allocations, timing.
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
- Experienced and dynamic Allied Health Team - Supportive Management - Full AHPRA Registration required A Casual Physiotherapist with a diverse range of skills who is able to work in Acute ser [...]
Health Information Services agent - Northern Beaches Hospital - Sydney NSW:Healthscope Health Information Services agent - Northern Beaches Hospital Healthscope Sydney NSW » Supportive team [...]
Sterilising Services Dept Team Leader - Northern Beaches Hospital - Sydney NSW:Healthscope Sterilising Services Dept Team Leader - Northern Beaches Hospital Healthscope Sydney NSW » Frenchs [...]
Ward Clerk - Casual Reliever - Adelaide SA:Healthscope Ward Clerk - Casual Reliever Healthscope Adelaide SA Are you a motivated and passionate Ward Clerk looking to step into a compensateing ca [...]