A unique opportunity to lead the wardsperson department at the new Northern Beaches Hospital.
Working alongside and reporting to the Director of Nursing you will support all operational and people aspects of the wardsperson department. You will combine your passion for patient centred care and take pride in contributing to an environment which is encouraging, warm and welcoming for our staff, patients and VMOs.
Be a part of something bigger
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- ensure that the delivery of transport services is optimal, efficient and meets the needs of patients & hospital staff
- undertake a hands-on role, where required
- identify opportunities for enhancement of services
- facilitate and support quality teamwork within the department and with other departments of NBH and the broader network
- encourage a participatory team approach to service delivery, canvass ideas and strategies to enhance care and service delivery
- work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary health team
- lead, coach and develop your team
- recognise and celebrate success
- deliver non-clinical support to the clinical staff across the hospital
- take a team approach to meet rostering requirements
- meet audit and compliance standards
- care passionately about providing a safe environment for our staff and patients
- provide outstanding customer experience and ensure quality of service.
Opening 30 October 2018, Northern Beaches Hospital will be a fully licensed 488 bed private hospital, providing care to public and private patients from an outstanding facility with a large range of quality services provided by exceptional nurses, doctors and staff. Wardspersons are deployed throughout the hospital and provide non-clinical support to the nursing team including: patient lifting; patient transportation; restock supplies; collection & delivery of equipment & specimens. The Service operates 24/7.
An experienced manager with a passion for developing talent within the team, you will also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Qualifications in management or working towards
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience within the Health Care or hospitality Industry
- Knowledge of National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards & EQuIP National, Work Health and Safety (WHS), Infection Prevention and Control standards,
- Competent in use of IT information systems
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience working in a patient related environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organised manner
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Passion for delivering quality patient-centred care
- High level of planning and organising skills
- Strong influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt personal style to suit a varied audience & a variety of interpersonal styles
- Flexible with shifts to work a rotating roster.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button to lodge an application (applications should include cover letter, resume and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
- Casual role to start with possibility of permanent - Mondays and Fridays initially - Immediate start We are seeking an experienced switchboard operator. Initially the role is 2 days a week comm [...]
- Team oriented environment - Full time, part time and casual positions available - 24/7 rotating roster As a Security Officer you will play an integral part in delivering exceptional service to [...]
We have exciting opportunities for highly skilled ICU nurses with cardiothoracic experience to join our team at the new Northern Beaches Hospital. Full time, part time and casual positions availabl [...]
Residential manager-Northern Territory, Palmerston Region:Healthscope Residential manager-Northern Territory, Palmerston Region Healthscope - Darwin NT » » Management position based in No [...]