We are seeking Sterilisation Services Technicians to join the new Northern Beaches Hospital. Full time, part time and casual positions available.
You will make an impact by undertaking general and specialised duties in disinfection and sterilisation of instruments from the Interventional Suite, other specialised clinics and wards across the hospital.
As the Sterilsation Services Instrument Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Thermal disinfection inspection, packaging and sterilising of all instrumentation for theatre and other clinical areas
- Comply with AS/NZ standards 4187 2014, GENCA
- Operate, interpret and document all machinery operational requirements
- Report and document all quality activities
- Ensure priority of instrumentation and processes
- Maintain the CSD area and equipment in accordance with Standards
- Participate in quality improvement and risk management activities
- Assist with management of general stock.
Opening 30 October 2018, Northern Beaches Hospital will be a fully licensed private hospital, providing care to public and private patients from an outstanding facility with a large range of quality services provided by exceptional nurses, doctors and staff. The CSSD contains state of the art equipment and provides a contemporary sterile processing service for surgical equipment. The SSD service will operate from 7.00am to 9.00pm Monday to Friday however; the services may increase to 24/7 as demand increases.
You will bring to our high-performing team:
- Prior experience in Sterilisation processing within a Healthcare environment
- Sterilisation Service Certificate III
- Knowledge and understanding of AS/NZS4187:2003(cleaning, disinfection and sterilising reusable medical devices and maintenance of associated environments in health care facilities)
- Track record of prioritising workload demands
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team as well as independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual handling principles and techniques and ability to perform manual handling activities
- Committed to the delivery of customer service in a health care setting
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility in rostering.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button to lodge an application (applications should include resume and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children’s Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
We are looking for an experienced nurse unit manager for our neuro / ortho private surgical ward. The successful individual will have extensive experience working in surgical wards, previous managemen [...]
We are looking for an experienced manager for our general surgery private ward. The successful individual will have extensive experience working in surgical wards, previous management experience, and [...]
We are looking for an experienced team leader looking to grow their career. The successful individual will have extensive experience working in surgical wards, previous management experience, and be p [...]
- Real people, remarkable careers - Extraordinary career opportunity - State of the art facilities A unique opportunity exists for an educator experienced in intensive care to provide education [...]