NSW Department of Industry
We have several exciting opportunities for Senior Managers, Marine Estate to join the Aquatic Environment unit.
- Located within the Port Stephens Fisheries Institute or negotiable within any major Fisheries locations in NSW
- Salary range from $105,409 - $116,157 + super and leave loading
- Temporary (fixed term) roles for up to 2 years with potential for further extension
- Manage a team and provide specialist advice regarding Marine Estate Management
- Several opportunities specialising in Biodiversity Offsets, Spatial Planning, Project Management and Coastal Systems
What you will be doing
You will be joining the Aquatic Environment Branch of the DPI Fisheries specifically focusing on the Marine Estate.
As the Senior Manager, Marine Estate you will lead a small team and manage the delivery of regulatory, policy and natural resource management services applying the Marine Estate Management Strategy.
Working as a Senior Manager, Marine Estate you will:
- Manage the terms and conditions for contracts, permits and licences
- Review and apply regulation and policy
- Manage and report on actions associated with the implementation of the Marine Estate Management Strategy
- Prepare high quality information and advice including briefings on relevant issues to external parties
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and present at forums
- Act as the principal source of advice for the Department and external groups on one or more specific area
What you need to be successful as a Senior Manager, Marine Estate:
- Ability to prioritise workloads and manage your time efficiently
- Experience negotiating complex issues with government agencies, stakeholders and community groups
- Keep up to date with legislative, scientific and technological knowledge in an environment of constant change and development
- Current Class C NSW drivers licence
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout NSW to attend meetings
- Knowledge of the Marine Estate Management Strategy and experience delivering regulatory and conservation programs
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework for aquatic biodiversity conservation, threatened species management and impact assessment
For further information please click below to view relevant role descriptions:
Senior Manager, Marine Estate (Biodiversity Offsets)
Senior Manager, Marine Estate (Spatial Planner)
Senior Manager, Marine Estate (Project Management)
Senior Fisheries Manager, Coastal Systems
If you are passionate about aquatic environments and have the skills and experience we are looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply please attach a current resume plus a cover letter which demonstrates how your previous experience would be suitable and of benefit to this role.
Enquiries: For further information about the roles and your application please contact the appropriate person listed below;
Senior Manager, Marine Estate (Biodiversity Offsets): Marcus Riches on 02 66261370 or (email hidden)
Senior Manager, Marine Estate (Spatial Planner): Rodney James on 02 42228343 or (email hidden)
Senior Manager, Marine Estate (Project Management): Nicola Johnstone on 02 66919626 or (email hidden)
Senior Fisheries Manager, Coastal Systems: Marcus Riches on 02 66261370 or (email hidden)
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted electronically by 26th August 2018, 11:55pm
Additional Information: Applications must be lodged electronically. A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next twelve months.
The NSW Department of Industry is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and flexible working arrangements.
Located in the heart of richmond we r a funky austrian beer bar restaurant. We r searching for the right person to join our small team. A passion for austrian/german food an advantage. Experience and [...]
We are a small business in Brendale who build, service and repair gym equipment for commercial and private customers. We need a casual labourer for a few days who is strong for lifting and building g [...]
My client is a growing national and international organisation specialising in manufacturing to the commercial, industrial and merchant sectors within the construction, hospitality, health and scienti [...]
We NEED EXPERIENCED CIVILS CREW Great rates (better than other primes) Work is north Brisbane based Must have tools and equiptment and all relevant documentation and training. [...]