QBE is one of the top 20 global general insurers and is recognised as Australia's largest international insurance and Reinsurance Company, with operations in 37 countries around the world.
Working at QBE, we recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
We offer you a dynamic workplace culture, one that values and leverages the unique ideas, capabilities and experiences you bring irrespective of where you are in the world. We believe this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals, particularly as it relates to innovation, growth and our focus on customers.
QBE is embarking on a journey of growth in Data and Analytics and we will be looking for a number of experienced data professionals to help us in this next phase of our growth. We are currently recruiting for Data Specialists.
The Data Specialist is responsible for the identification, sourcing, cleansing and manipulation of data across the operational systems and the data and analytics platform. The Data Specialist works with the business, Information Analysts and Data Scientists to understand data requirements and execute the sourcing and integration of this data to serve the needs of our Measurement & Insights reporting and analytics work. The Data Specialist shall be an expert in data engineering, data flow development and analysis activities.
- Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data models and ETL tools to create robust and scalable data assets for reporting and analytics
- Expands and grows data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges by identifying, sourcing and integrating new data
- Develop ETL solutions on Microsoft Technology Stack to load data across multiple sources into Data and Analytics platform
- Implementation of solutions that adhere to architecture best practices
- Contribution to our ambition to develop a best in class data and analytics platform leveraging next generation technologies
- Define and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business
- Work across the Data & Analytics function to ensure we are developing our models, architecture and technical solutions in a scalable and maintainable way that is in line with best practices
- Proactively identify rationalisation opportunities and implement changes to the reporting suite to increase customer usage and reduce wasted effort
- Ensure data integrity within reports and dashboards by reviewing data, identifying and resolving gaps and inconsistencies, and escalating as required to foster a partnered approach to data accuracy for business reporting purposes
What does success look like?
- Solid understanding of data engineering, information architecture and data platforms
- Solid experience with: MS Stack: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI and SQL
- Solid understanding of Datawarehouse and BI reporting solution
- Solid understanding of Data and Analytics principles and data management/quality capabilities needed to support analytic reporting
- Good knowledge of end to end data management lifecycle and data quality management
- Data Warehousing
- Extract Transform Load (ETL)
- Jira and Confluence
- Data Modelling
- No SQL Databases (Prefer MongoDB )
- Data Quality Assessment
- Data Integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other equivalent field
At QBE, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration structure and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Paid Parental leave (inclusive of paid superannuation during this time)
- Secondment opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid volunteer leave
- Purchased leave
- Product discounts
- Superannuation matching
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
For more information, click the APPLY button to submit your details.
- Leading Central Victorian food manufacturer - Excellent training and development opportunities - Great lifestyle with 4 on 4 off roster (10 Hour Shifts) About the role: An excellent opportunit [...]
Chefs/ Cooks Required - Immediate Start Fulltime Breakfast Cook Tuesday to Sunday - 7am till 2pm daily. Self motivated and reliable. Eye for detail. Experienced kitchen hand, Prep Assistant Tue [...]
The Public's Corner is looking for an Experienced Barista on a Part Time Basis. We are a small passionate crew that like helping one another out and working as a team. You must have experience wo [...]
Your new company Global Construction company based in Sydney, Mascot in need of an experienced HR Generalist. The role will be a hybrid position where you will be involved with multiple projects, w [...]