QBE is one of the top 20 global general insurers and is recognised as Australia's largest international insurance and Reinsurance Company, with operations in 37 countries around the world.
Working at QBE, we recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
We offer you a dynamic workplace culture, one that values and leverages the unique ideas, capabilities and experiences you bring irrespective of where you are in the world. We believe this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals, particularly as it relates to innovation, growth and our focus on customers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Agency Schemes & Facilities Manager to join the Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (MSI) team in Sydney. This business-critical role will see you assist with the procurement, establishment and performance monitoring of schemes and facilities, including outsourced functions within the business.
You will develop and maintain the relationships with agency partners, overseeing the profitability of the portfolio and adherence to compliance and risk management standards. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with all levels of internal stakeholders such as Finance, IT and Marketing to ensure efficient and effective schemes management.
- Plan and implement a strategy to facilitate the attraction and retention of high quality scheme business
- Plan and implement strategies to manage key business risks including loss of account, reputation risk and insurance risk
- Manage exposure on unprofitable scheme business
- Assess scheme exposure, performance and pricing in accordance with defined limits of authority or class authority, organisational policy and underwriting standards
- Monitor and review scheme and facility underwriting standards, procedures and compliance with contractual obligations
- Facilitate and capitalise on change and innovations, such as new technologies
- Conduct quality reviews for all schemes and select outsourcing arrangements to identify and manage risks and issues
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all customers, intermediaries and internal stakeholders.
- Achieve profitability and growth (through new business and scheme retention) in accordance with plan/budget
- Identify new business opportunities and self-insurance prospects, schemes, as well as underwriting requirements to meet business needs
- Leverage new product offerings out of existing arrangements wherever possible
- Monitor and maintain existing portfolios to ensure retention of all profitable relationships
- Establish appropriate measurement techniques and reporting systems and accurately indicate trends by scheme / facility and class of business
- Identify adverse trends and work closely with the Underwriting and Marketing teams to establish and implement corrective action where necessary
What does success look like?
- Broad knowledge of insurance industry and relevant market conditions
- Broad product range knowledge
- Broad understanding of core classes underwriting
- Understanding of relevant Prudential Standards and licencing obligations
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Underwriting and or claims experience across a range of classes
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, specialist qualifications or equivalent
- Strong/established customer/broker relationships
Like us, you are a high performer with the ability to work autonomous as well as part of a fun, diverse and dynamic team You will be provided with a competitive salary package and benefits along with the opportunity to work in a collaborative and high-performing environment.
As a global organisation, QBE encourages career development tailored to the individual.
At QBE, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration structure and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Paid Parental leave (inclusive of paid superannuation during this time)
- Secondment opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid volunteer leave
- Purchased leave
- Product discounts
- Superannuation matching
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in Australia, and at a minimum be required to undertake police and basic credit checks as a condition of employment.
For more information, click the APPLY button to submit your details.
FULLY QUALIFIED BARBER WANTED ON SATURDAYS.... Part-Time positions Available at our shop in King st. Looking for someone who is trustworthy, dedicated and passionate about providing quality fades an [...]
Fyne Cutz is a Sydney-based Independent Record Label and Management Company that prides itself on working with, and developing the brightest young musical talents. We are seeking a record label and a [...]
must be available during lunch must have an experience [...]
Slurp Soup and Salad Bar in the heart of the Perth CBD is looking for a DISHWASHER/COUNTERHAND (approx. 20hrs a week) to join our friendly and quality driven team. You will be required to greet and se [...]