- Permanent Part Time Position Working Three Days Per Week
- Dandenong Location
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Generous Salary Packaging Benefits
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or have low vision to help them achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
We support more than 27,500 people of all ages and life stages, and circumstances. We do this through 28 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; 30 clinics; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
An exciting opportunity awaits an experienced Paediatric Counsellor to join our team in Dandenong.
As a Paediatric Counsellor at Vision Australia you will:
- Provide individual counselling services or targeted group programs to Vision Australia clients and their families to deliver outcomes to particular issues.
- As required, act as the Primary Service Provider to coordinate the provision of services internally to clients and families and to liaise with external service providers to achieve desired outcomes for clients.
- Identify, develop and review information and resources; promote and represent Vision Australia regarding Counselling issues in relevant forums; develop and maintain internal and external networks. Provide professional development as appropriate to relevant parties.
- Monitor and maintain accurate, up to date client records in accordance with professional standards, Vision Australia policy and procedures and other relevant legislation including Disability Act.
- Continuous professional development including keeping up to date with new research and maintaining skills & knowledge level.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology as recognised by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) respectively. Previous experience in paediatric counselling is desirable.
- Must be eligible for AHPRA registration
- Ability to adopt an integrated approach within your counselling style
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults.
- Experience in providing client support and Counselling services in person and/or through other communication mediums.
- Training and intervention strategies for individuals and groups.
- Strong planning skills including sound time management skills.
Working as part of Vision Australia you will enjoy a values based organisation with benefits including:
- Friendly values based working environments
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
We’re always on the lookout for energetic, motivated people who share our values to be Person Centred, Accountable, Collaborative, Commercially Focused and Agile.
Do you want to become a part of a team that supports a future where our clients have the opportunity like never before to live the life they choose? Please select the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Candidates should address the essential job competencies as outlined the position description and should also consider and be able to demonstrate Vision Australia’s organisational values which are central to the organisation’s culture. Applications should be uploaded as a word file. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
As part of Vision Australia’s commitment to being an inclusive employer and embedding a culture where staff, volunteers and clients can be themselves and feel safe, and to protecting the best interests and safety of children and vulnerable people, successful applicants will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers
We encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
Enquiries: Janet Lloyd-McNelis
Applications Close: 20/07/2018
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Leading Central Victorian food manufacturer - Excellent training and development opportunities - Great lifestyle with 4 on 4 off roster (10 Hour Shifts) About the role: An excellent opportunit [...]
Chefs/ Cooks Required - Immediate Start Fulltime Breakfast Cook Tuesday to Sunday - 7am till 2pm daily. Self motivated and reliable. Eye for detail. Experienced kitchen hand, Prep Assistant Tue [...]
The Public's Corner is looking for an Experienced Barista on a Part Time Basis. We are a small passionate crew that like helping one another out and working as a team. You must have experience wo [...]
Your new company Global Construction company based in Sydney, Mascot in need of an experienced HR Generalist. The role will be a hybrid position where you will be involved with multiple projects, w [...]