Thomas Embling Hospital
Full Time Fixed Term
- Registrar HM25-HM30
- Rotations across the Forensicare sites
- Full time fixed term
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
About the role:
Fixed term positions for Registrars will be available from August 2018, February 2019, August 2019 and February 2020.
The Registrar will contribute forensic mental health advice to multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the delivery of high quality direct care services and programs.
Applicants for this position will be able to participate in Forensicare's Training Program for Registrars,
which is accredited as meeting the standards of The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists for both Generalist and Forensic subspecialty training.
All posts are RANZCP accredited and supervised by RANZCP accredited supervisors.
Senior Medical Officers with experience in Forensic Psychiatry will also be considered.
- Take a lead role in the assessment and management of patients and prisoners under the direction and supervision of the Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist
- Prepare and present reports to the Mental Health review Board.
Skills and experience:
- Experience at the Registrar level in Forensic Psychiatry is highly desirable
- Eligibility for, and a commitment to Advanced Training in Forensic Psychiatry is preferential
- Demonstrated responsibility for achievement of training goals
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Discounted Health insurance
- Ongoing training and full orientation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: staff gym, staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
Enquiries: Suzie Maiolo
Ph: (03) 9495 9183
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Leading Central Victorian food manufacturer - Excellent training and development opportunities - Great lifestyle with 4 on 4 off roster (10 Hour Shifts) About the role: An excellent opportunit [...]
Chefs/ Cooks Required - Immediate Start Fulltime Breakfast Cook Tuesday to Sunday - 7am till 2pm daily. Self motivated and reliable. Eye for detail. Experienced kitchen hand, Prep Assistant Tue [...]
The Public's Corner is looking for an Experienced Barista on a Part Time Basis. We are a small passionate crew that like helping one another out and working as a team. You must have experience wo [...]
Your new company Global Construction company based in Sydney, Mascot in need of an experienced HR Generalist. The role will be a hybrid position where you will be involved with multiple projects, w [...]