RecruitLoop Pty Ltd
Australian Capital Territory
- Ideally Canberra based - however will negotiate location for the right candidate
- Full time role with flexible working arrangements available
- National organisation
Working as part of the Research, Policy and Advocacy team, you will be our policy specialist, driving campaigns and submissions to improve the lives and remove the barriers for those people with asthma to make it easier for them to take control of their condition.
This is a demanding role that requires established analytical, engagement and submission writing skills as well as the personal spirit and drive to improve the lives of others.
Working directly with the Senior Manager for Research,
Policy and Advocacy you will be encouraged to bring your own ideas and creativity to systematically and strategically work towards achievement of our vision and purpose.
The key to this role is your ability to build strong relationships, identify levers for change and coordinate strong campaigns which have great potential for success.
WHAT YOU BRING:
As an experienced Policy and Government relations professional you are ready to take the initiative in a new team, utlising your strengths and skills in the policy domain. You have a well-developed sense of empathy and can connect with colleagues and stakeholders to foster collaboration and inspire change.
- Formal qualifications in either of health policy, social policy or public policy, health promotion or public health
- Policy Planning - demonstrated experience in health or social policy and/or planning at either not-for-profit or government level
- Analysis/Research - Exceptional analytical skills including ability to analyse and interpret data from multiple sources, develop informative reports and compelling plans supported by evidence
- Government relations skills - including an understanding of government processes
- Relationships - Ability to influence, build and maintain relationships with diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including researchers, government, media, patients and health professionals
- Ability to undertake interstate travel (with notice)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
An understanding of the Australian health care sector, and particularly chronic conditions
Asthma Australia Ltd is the recently formed national organisation following the merger of Asthma Australia Inc., and the state Asthma Foundations in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, and SA. This national approach enables us to create a strong, efficient and effective National Health Body. This is an exciting time to be joining as they continue their journey to shape the future of how they support people with asthma to breathe better.
The merger enables the experience and strengths of the previous state based organisation to provide Australia with an agile and innovative national organisation focused on supporting and representing the needs of those who matter most - people with asthma and their treating health professionals.
Join this established organisation on their journey to becoming the industry leader.
HOW TO APPLY:
If your experience and attitude matches our requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply with your resume and short covering letter, we are looking to move quickly on this role and will be in touch via email with the next steps to all successful applicants with a few days of your application.
We are looking for experienced italian chef for our italian restaurant at North Narrabeen . Minimum experience 3 to 4 years. Please check location before you apply highly paid wagges. Please call me f [...]
This is perhaps the most flexible job you will ever come across as you can literally teach anything, anywhere at any time without any experience or qualifications required! You will have the flexibili [...]
Strong and Fit person needed for deliveries Full days on Thursday/Friday & Saturday and part time other days. *********SMS ONLY ******* MUST LIVE WITHIN 10KMS OF CBD Helper needed for pickups and deli [...]
Seaford Physio & Pilates Clinic offers aposition for a new physiotherapist to join our team. Our Clinic SeafordPhysio & Pilates Clinic is a part of two busy medical centres (Seaford andSeaford meado [...]