AECOM Australia PTY LTD
- Enthusiastic and close-knit team culture
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (e.g. part time, working from home)
- Genuine career progression
AECOM’s market leading Renewable Energy business in Australia is seeking to expand the team in Sydney. We are looking for an experienced renewables engineer who has a passion for technical excellence and who enjoy the challenge of delivering a diverse portfolio of energy projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be actively involved in an innovative and highly motivated team of energy professionals currently delivering landmark utility scale solar, wind and energy storage projects throughout Australia and internationally.
The team is currently delivering on a range of projects including design, Owner’s Engineer and project management roles as well as front end work such site identification and evaluation, feasibility studies, business case development, concept design and grid connection studies associated with future generation and storage projects.
As a Principal Renewables Engineer you will be a senior member of the business and responsible for leading project teams and the delivery of these projects, mentoring junior team members, and developing and maintaining client relationships.
You will ideally have a background in the engineering consulting industry working with renewable energy developers, asset owners or power utilities. The successful candidate will have strong technical acumen and the desire to grow their career at AECOM.
You will have demonstrable experience including:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Significant engineering consulting experience, preferably in the renewable energy sector
- 10 years’ post graduate experience is considered the minimum for the role with not less than 5 years working in the energy sector.
- Analytical experience including energy generation or financial modelling
- Project and engineering management of power plant developments including pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, concept design, design review and technical advisor roles, specification, detailed design, site supervision, commissioning, testing, and acceptance
- Leading and managing a multidiscipline team of engineers
- Knowledge of the major power generation technologies and the major equipment OEMs and plant suppliers
- Familiarity with the power project development process in Australia
- Familiarity with simulation and analysis software, such as PVsyst, Glaregauge or PSSE desirable but not essential
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications for EPC, EPCM, and BOO contracts for the implementation of power projects
- Familiarity with power station concepts, layout, and ancillary systems
- The desire and aptitude to drive business development activities is essential
- Experience of solar, wind and power reticulation equipment selection
- Experience with other power generation technologies, e.g. energy storage, biofuels or hydrogen would be advantageous.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible work arrangement that include flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave options
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities
We are seeking an experienced Back Dockman to join our team in Pyrmont full time. As the Back Dockman you will be responsible for but not limited to: - Receiving and unloading stock in back doc [...]
Company Our international business is very well respected and established in the promotion of extreme sports. The business continues to grow consistently while successfully expanding and diversif [...]
This is not your typical engineering apprenticeship. Our client is an Industry Leader who manufactures, repairs and tests hospital equipment, and other equipment used in the disability sector such as [...]
POSI TRACK OPERATOR WE ARE SEEKING A SELF MOTIVATED POSI TRACK OPERATOR TO JOIN OUR FAST GROWING FAMILY EARTH-MOVING BUSINESS BASED AT ORMEAU. OUR COMPANY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND [...]