Australian Capital Territory
Australian Scientific Instruments (ASI) manufactures and supplies world leading specialist scientific instruments. Our RESOlution, RESOchron and Alphachron instruments enable our customers to undertake isotopic and chemical microanalysis of materials so as to achieve unmatched precision and reliability.
Our customers are global spanning the research sector (universities, institutes, government agencies) and commercial (mining, environmental) many of whom specialise in the geosciences
We are looking for one or more Field Service Technicians with a strong background in laser-based systems and instruments and who understand the importance of providing exceptional customer service.
Your duties will include:
- Customer site installation,
acceptance testing and training
- Perform regular upgrades and maintenance for installed systems through field service visits
- Trouble shooting and remote technical support via phone, email and web
- International travel
- Liaising with ASI assembly team in relation to the timely provision of in-factory commissioning and acceptance testing
To be successful you will have:
- Appropriate engineering degree or technical qualification
- Strong technical understanding of lab instrumentation (including electrical meters and oscilloscopes, lasers, optical meters, mass spectrometers, gases, mechanical drawings and electrical schematics)
- Experience in a technical and support role including at customer sites, preferably in manufacturing and research laboratory environments
- Laser ablation system related experience highly preferred
- Results-driven with a strong sense of responsibility and independence
- Able to manage time critical deadlines
- Effective professional communication skills both oral and written (English required, other languages are desirable but not required including Mandarin).
- Ability to travel international and domestically for significant parts of the year.
Due to customer demand ASI is seeking to appoint a candidate to start as soon as possible.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or equivalent technical capability
ASI is open to:
- flexible engagement of suitable candidates including engagement as a contractor;
- engagement of candidate(s) who may be located within or outside Australia;
- engagement of multiple candidates that together fulfil the stated requirements of the role;
- incentive based remuneration arrangements.
Salaries will reflect the position offered and be competitive.
A copy of the Position Description may be obtained upon request to the contact details set out below.
Candidates are requested to submit a written application comprising:
- A letter that addresses each of the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description;
- An executive summary (being no more than approximately 200 words) that highlights your strengths and why ASI should appoint you to the role;
- Your CV; and
- Details of at least two referees including their contact details and their relevance to your application (eg existing or previous employer, their position at the time etc).
1. Any requests for a copy of the Position Description, queries and submission of applications should be directed to (email hidden) before 6 July 2018. A first round of selection will occur before the end of July, but positions will remain open until being filled.
We are seeking an experienced Back Dockman to join our team in Pyrmont full time. As the Back Dockman you will be responsible for but not limited to: - Receiving and unloading stock in back doc [...]
Company Our international business is very well respected and established in the promotion of extreme sports. The business continues to grow consistently while successfully expanding and diversif [...]
This is not your typical engineering apprenticeship. Our client is an Industry Leader who manufactures, repairs and tests hospital equipment, and other equipment used in the disability sector such as [...]
POSI TRACK OPERATOR WE ARE SEEKING A SELF MOTIVATED POSI TRACK OPERATOR TO JOIN OUR FAST GROWING FAMILY EARTH-MOVING BUSINESS BASED AT ORMEAU. OUR COMPANY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND [...]