Lake Macquarie City Council
Lake Macquarie City Council is committed to making a positive difference to our community by putting customers at the centre of everything we do.
As one team, we all have a role in providing an exceptional level of customer service by working together with our customers to understand their needs. When you join us, you are part of a team that is always looking for creative ways to improve customer experiences, and ensuring there is more to life in Lake Macquarie.
Council has established a Future Directions Project to replace its Cap Gemini hosted Councils Online solution with a selection of software products reliant on, and integrated with Civica’s Authority enterprise solution.
This project will include the migration or replacement of more than a dozen interrelated COL Applications.
The organisational objectives of the project include;
- Customer centricity
- Dynamic IT solution which is responsive to changing needs
- Centralised data storage to enable business intelligence, and
- Organisational transformation with process improvement and simplification
The data migration specialist would undertake all data migration, extraction and formatting activities associated with the Land and IinformationServices Module and other modules as required on of the Future Directions Project. This is a full time term contract position until 29th November 2019.
As a full time Data Migration Specialist you will be required to:
- Undertake data analysis, mapping, and transformation activities to ensure a successful data migration as part of a systems replacement project, including mapping data from source systems to target systems
- Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications.
- Take ownership of the design, development and testing of all data transformation, extraction and migration activitiesAssist in implementation, testing, and validating of data and software systemsPerform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysisDevelop and maintain any technical documentation associated with data analysis, migration, reconciliation, and the related business risks/issues
- Use effective and efficient data analysis strategies for communicating with business stakeholders (who may not have a technical background) in a timely manner
To be successful, you will have:
- A Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited, Computer Science, Computer Applications or a related field.
- Demonstrated Experience working in data migration, ETL processes, data cleansing and validation on large ERP programs.
- Proven experience in Data Quality assessments and Data Mapping
- Extensive experience with SQL Server data analysis and migration
- Demonstrated solid SQL – script writing and stored procedure capabilities
- Knowledge of complex data extraction, transformation, and data loading techniques
- Large enterprise data migration experience
- Effective communication and collaboration skills – ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other team members and customers
What you will get in return:
- 12% superannuation
- 35-hour working week
- nine-day fortnight
- training and development programs
- corporate fitness program
Please note as part of Lake Macquarie City Council's recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates may be subject to a medical assessment with Council’s doctor
Salary: Negotiable upon appointment
Applications close: Sunday, 1 July 2018
Please note as part of Council's recruitment process, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates may be subject to a pre-employment medical assessment with council doctor.
We are seeking an experienced Back Dockman to join our team in Pyrmont full time. As the Back Dockman you will be responsible for but not limited to: - Receiving and unloading stock in back doc [...]
Company Our international business is very well respected and established in the promotion of extreme sports. The business continues to grow consistently while successfully expanding and diversif [...]
This is not your typical engineering apprenticeship. Our client is an Industry Leader who manufactures, repairs and tests hospital equipment, and other equipment used in the disability sector such as [...]
POSI TRACK OPERATOR WE ARE SEEKING A SELF MOTIVATED POSI TRACK OPERATOR TO JOIN OUR FAST GROWING FAMILY EARTH-MOVING BUSINESS BASED AT ORMEAU. OUR COMPANY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND [...]