Myxa Care is a Victorian based organisation assisting people with disability, their family, and carers. We deliver individually tailored services to maximise participant choice and control. We specialise in providing support for participants who have complex care requirements or for those with mental health conditions or intellectual disabilities. We aim to support our participants to empower them to achieve their goals and live a full life.
About the Role
We are currently seeking experienced female Disability Support Workers to provide ongoing support to our participant located in Drouin. There are a variety of shifts available including morning, afternoon, evening and night.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality, person-centred services to meet the needs of the participant
- Support and assistance with daily living tasks which may include personal care, community access, domestic assistance, manual Handling and medication administration
You are a compassionate, dedicated, and extremely reliable individual looking to make a difference. You have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to build a strong rapport on all levels. Your person-centred approach will ensure that our participants are getting the best possible support to meet their needs.
- Experience as a Disability Support Worker including personal care and manual handling
- Experience delivering in-home services to participants with disability
- An ability to communicate and appropriately respond to the needs of people living with disability
- Experience writing accurate and detailed case notes
- A real desire to make a difference to the lives of people living with disability
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant Experience
- Relevant Qualification
- Right to Work in Australia
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence and Reliable Car
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Working With Children Check
What you’ll get in return
As the successful candidate, you’ll be offered the opportunity to work within an ethical organisation where you can make a positive impact to the lives of others. You will be provided with ongoing training to better understand the needs of our participants.
You’ll also receive:
- Competitive casual rates
- An opportunity to develop and advance your career
- A supportive and caring work environment with a company that values its staff
What you need to do now
Please submit your application by pressing ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. MYXA Care is an equal opportunity employer. We value and strongly support the principles of equal opportunity in the workplace.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At Myxa Care, our mission is to support our participants to discover the light inside them and shine in whatever they do.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $30.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- Working with Children Check (Preferred)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (Preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Location: Gippsland | Warragul Job type: Part time / From 28/01/2022 - 22/12/2022 Organisation: Schools (Government) Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Teacher Reference: 1 [...]
Job Description Location: Gippsland | Warragul Job type: Full time / From 28/01/2022 - 27/01/2023 Organisation: Schools (Government) Salary: Salary not specified Occupation: Teacher Reference: 1 [...]
- Large multi-campus Christian school - Ongoing part-time positions - Drouin and Pakenham locations Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 stude [...]
- Large multi-campus Christian school - Ongoing, part-time position - Drouin location Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with over 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students atten [...]