About the role
This is a full-time permanent opportunity and can be based at either Port Macquarie of Coffs Harbour PSP sites
This role is responsible for leading culturally affirmative operations, practice, and outcomes delivery, for planning, budgeting, and reporting on activities as well as leading child/young person focused key practice approaches within the Casework team and stakeholder and community engagement.
About Uniting’s Permanency Support Program
- The Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through guardianship, adoption or quality long-term care
- We provide culturally supported placement options for children and young people 0-18 years of age
- PSP also provides a ‘light touch’ Aftercare service for young people 18-25 years who have left foster care and for the next 4 years will collaborate with Uniting’s Extended Care Pilot program team to provide holistic support to young people using the Advantage Thinking approach.
- Bachelor qualification in a relevant field with equivalent experience
- Strong leadership qualities
- Proven ability to lead cultural change and innovation
- Skilled decision maker for children’s best interests underpinned by a demonstrated commitment to hearing the voices of children and young people
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge and understanding of sector trends
- Committed to compliance - legal, government and policy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Clear understanding of how data informs effective decisions
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families are overrepresented in this program and the child protection system. Appropriate cultural knowledge and understanding is important to deliver effectively in this role. This is a targeted position and applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
Benefits and culture
Working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice brings its own rewards, but there’s more
- Welcoming you exactly as you are
- Work you’ll be proud of
- You’ll have access to a range of support and opportunities including -
- Salary-packaging options
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular supervision, support and team meetings
To be considered for this position please upload your resume as well as a Covering Letter responding to the two Targeted Questions below (1 A4 page max);
TQ1: Demonstrated skills in managing casework teams located across different locations
TQ2: Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with multiple stakeholder groups including Government to advocate for children and young people in Out of Home Care
Should you have any questions, please contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on; 0466 801 937 / [email protected] for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
Closing date: 11:55pm Sunday 5th December 2021
- Interviews will be taking place face-to-face on Thursday 9th December in Port Macquarie’s
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
This part time, potential full time, position is offered for a qualified Dental Technician to work in a supportive and respectful dental lab on NSW Mid North Coast, servicing the local area and the wi [...]
- Casual vacancies across Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Maitland, Rutherford and Port Stephens locations - Paid Induction and Full Training - ongoing training and career development - Supportive team Ou [...]
Managers position We are looking for a special person to join our team @ elements of design. Our ideal candidate will bring the following skills & experience to the role … *warm & welcoming custo [...]
We are looking for an ANAESTHETICS SRMO for locum work in rural NSW. Due to current restrictions, the doctor must be NSW - based. Dates: 3/2/22 - 9/2/22 Rates: $160/ per hour negotiable with experie [...]